Orion Starry Night Pro Plus 7 Astronomy Software
Version 7 of Orion's popular Starry Night Pro Plus Astronomy Software has new features that let you explore the cosmos like never before! Improve your night sky viewing experience with the first-ever, single, seamless, full-color CCD image mosaic of the complete night sky consisting of 20,000 individual images captured using a custom-built optical system. Furthermore, take advantage of Starry Night Pro Plus Version 7's enhanced telescope controls to locate desired celestial objects, capture exposures, and process the images using MaxIm DL imaging software (sold separately) via a new integrated plug-in and then transfer these images back into Starry Night Pro Plus!
Professional grade features and databases are easily available to anyone with Starry Night Pro Plus 7. Astronomers will get a first-class planetarium experience with this precision-designed, constantly evolving software package.
New features included with the all new Starry Night Pro Plus Version 7!
Other features of Starry Night Pro Plus 7
- Planetary Texture Collection includes up to 100 planet and moon maps displaying rock and element locations, mineral composition, chemical distribution, gravity, magnetic field, noteworthy topographic features, and much more.
- All Sky Survey Images from Planck, IRAS-COBE and 2 Micron uncover a drastically alternative view of our sky and let you explore the residual radiation left over from the Big Bang.
- Enhanced Telescope Assistance.
- Augmented asteroid catalog with emphasized families and groups.
- Updated Equipment List includes the most current telescopes, eyepieces, and accessories.
- Analemma can now be drawn on a planet's surface.
- Exclusive Extra-galactic 3D Database features 200,000+ galaxies stretching over 1 billion lights years of space.
- New Photorealistic Horizon Panoramas give you the sensation that you are actually in outer space.
- All currently acknowledged exoplanets appear as 3D bodies with proper location, size, orbit and planetary texture.
- Beautiful modernized user interface with Universal Search, locates sky objects, favorite files, SkyGuide pages, options, events, and more.
- Exceptionally detailed surface characteristics of planets and major moons.
- All stars are correctly represented as 3D bodies with classification-appropriate color, texture and relative radii.
- Expanded set of "Space Missions" including 30 new detailed and accurate 3D models of spacecraft and their trajectories. Also includes updates for current and ongoing missions.
- The most accurate planetary positions possible.
- 3500 individual text descriptions for stars, planets, moons, satellites, exoplanets, space missions, deep sky objects and more.
- Revised SkyGuide featuring updated tours and media.
- Advanced Planet Rendering for landscape shadows, water reflections, and city lights on the dark side (Earth only).
- Updated Messier catalog featuring new images for star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies that are visually stunning.
- Zoom in on the first-ever color All-Sky mosaic of the complete night sky to a magnitude of 14-15.
- Connect to MaxIm DL to capture images with your telescope and camera and transfer them into Starry Night Pro Plus 7
- Observational Planner
- Ephemeris Creator
- Graph Tool
- Enhanced Telescope Control
- Equipment List
- FOV Indicators
- Image Manipulator
- 180º field of view
- Advanced Guides (hour angle, precession, galactic, & extra-galactic)
- Celestial and Local Path Options
- Orbit Editor
- Night Vision
- Improved Light Pollution Settings
- Location Markers and Surface Feature Outlines
- Twelve Milky Way Spectra
- Time travel from 99,999 BCE to 99,999 ACE
- Millions of Deep Sky Object Databases
- Investigate up to 16 million stars
- Celestial Event Locator
Orion Product Number: 17361