Now introducing the Lunt Solar Systems Double Stack LS60THaDS50 Hydrogen-Alpha Refractor Telescope. At its heart is a custom-made 60mm precision aligned singlet lens. The focal length of the Lunt LS60 double-stacked solar telescope is 500mm, providing a ~4.5mm image through a 6mm blocking filter. This model comes with the upgraded Starlight Instruments 2" Feather Touch Focuser with 10:1 reduction and 2.5" of travel.
Lunt LS60THaDS50 Hydrogen-Alpha Double Stack Solar Telescope
Lunt Solar Systems LS60T Hydrogen-Alpha Double Stack Telescope Highlights
- The Lunt LS60THaDS50 etalons will be matched at the factory.
- The Lunt LS60THaDS will utilize a 60mm unobstructed internal etalon and a 50mm unobstructed, front mount etalon.
- With two factory-matched etalons, you will have a versatile system that can be used single-stacked for prominence viewing, and double-stacked for observing surface detail of the Sun.
- Single stack mode will achieve a bandpass of ~0.75.
- Double stack mode will have a ~0.55 bandpass.
Lunt Solar Systems creates their line of h-alpha solar telescopes in Tuscon, Arizona. They have have put together a group of experienced solar enthusiasts who are looking forward to energizing the hobby with a continued commitment to advancing technologies, pride in quality, and the highest level of customer care. These are names you'll recognize, including Andrew Lunt with 20 years of optical design, Markus Ludes with his extensive knowledge of telescope design, Manny Serrano as a design engineer and Brian Stevens assembling, repairing and troubleshooting etalon systems. And newly designed etalon systems are what it's all about.... Some of their new products will range from an entry level 50mm etalon filter through to a 160mm Lunt Solar Telescope System using different components... One that's less thermally sensitive and far less prone to de-contacting.
Lunt Solar Systems LS60THaDS50 Hydrogen-Alpha Double Stack Solar Telescope Features
- Factory Matched dual etalon system
- Use of unobstructed etalons.
- Infrared deflecting window to eliminate unwanted heat.
- Optimized collimating system for true collimation, coma correction and off-axis reduction.
- Stylized pearl white paint with black anodized trim.
- Induced Transmission Filter for long term safety, durability and performance.
- Full warranty from Lunt Solar Systems.
Image shows optional eyepiece and Tele Vue Sol Searcher.
- Additional Information
SKU LS-60THAD/B6F Solar Instrument Type Telescope Aperture 51mm - 70mm Emission Line H-Alpha Manufacturer Lunt Solar Warranty 5 Year Warranty Blocking or ERF Aperture 6mm Bandwidth <0.55 A Telescope Focal Length 500mm Telescope Focal Ratio Not supplied by manufacturer Tuner Included? Yes Length of Optical Tube 18.11" Optical Tube Weight 8.15 lbs.
- Included Items
- LS60 Ha Double Stacked Telescope System with a 6mm Blocking Filter
- 2" Feather Touch Focuser
- Clam Shell with mounting holes, accepts Tele Vue SolSearcher Finder (sold separately)
- Re-enforced case with foam
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts