Daystar 80mm Scope / Quark Bundle - Prominence Version
This top notch Telescope from Daystar is a stunning combination of quality performance and stellar value. Capable of both solar viewing and night-time use at a high level due to it's design, this is a truly splendid investment. Just insert the Quark in the Diagonal to begin solar viewing, and remove it after nightfall for night time viewing or imaging! This Prominence variant is more focused on the prominences of the sun in solar viewing than anything else, letting you capture stunning solar prominence images. The QUARK contains a custom Daystar Instruments 4.2X telecentric barlow lens fully optimized in coatings and optical design specifically for the Hydrogen Alpha wavelength. This highly specialized telecentric lens offers superior field flatness. No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. This telescope works very well with a wide range of filters to further increase it's versatility to more and more useful levels, of course. The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs. The device also boasts reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional battery pack. Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656nm wavelength.
Features and Specifications:
- Best Price In Class for 80mm Solar Telescope!
- Full 22mm Clear Aperture.
- Maximum aperture and focal length which can pass full disk
- Maximum aperture with no ERF required
- Quality Night time and Solar telescope all-in-one
- Quark can be moved to other instruments for different magnifications
- Swap filter(s) for different bandpass views
- Use the Quark on any F/4-F/9 refractor for even more aperture
- Removable diagonal for straight-through imaging
- Always on-band with USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- 110-240VAC wall adapter
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault
Manufacturer Product Number: DSZ4P80B