About the DayStar Combo Quark H-Alpha Eyepiece - Prominence Model...
The Combo Quark offers a choice for the SCT and long focal length user. Designed for SCT, Maksutov Cassegrain and refractor owners with focal ratios between f/15 and f/30. An innovative all in one design combines the needed adapters, snouts and DayStar H-alpha filter into a simple and compact assembly. Simply insert the Quark into your diagonal, pair with a ERF (energy rejection filter), add an eyepiece and view. The compact design of the Quark allows you to view the sun in full hydrogen alpha glory without the weight and expensive components associated with more traditional systems.
The Chromosphere model is designed specifically to enhance edge detail. See solar flares in gorgeous natural color and intense detail.
The ERF is sold separately and is neccessary for safe viewing through a SCT or Mak-Cass telescope. This specialized filter reduces heat built up in the optical tube keeping your eyes and telescope safe. Specifically SCT owners must use a front mounted off-axis ERF to reduce their aperture. Maksutov owners operating at f/15 natively do not need to reduce the aperture of their telescope with an off-axis filter but do still need to employ a front mount ERF to keep heat from accumulating.
- Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X barlow optimized for 656nm
- Integrated 12mm blocking filter
- 21mm clear filter aperture
- Designed for use with f/15-f/30 SCT, Maksutov and Refractor owners.
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" and SCT accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece.
- Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å with detents at every 0.1Å
- LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault.
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~450mm focal length refractors
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views in combination with an energy rejection filter (sold separately).
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- 5 year warranty.
- Additional Information
SKU DF-COMBOQUARK-P Aperture 21mm Emission Line H-Alpha Bandwidth Variable Blocking Filter Included B1200 Best for Focal Lengths of... f/30 or Under Blocking Filter Barrel Size 2" Manufacturer DayStar Warranty 5 Year Warranty Wavelength Variable Tuner Included? Yes
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsI noticed that this for f/15 and higher. I h e a 8 inch f/10 SCT Celestron. Would this work on it? Would the lower f-stop interfere with the photography?Question by: Darron Brown on Dec 31, 2015 10:07:00 PMYes, this will work, but you must use an energy rejection filter with an aperture stop to get down to f/15 to /f/30 for this to work properly with an f/10 SCT. Here is what the manufacturer states:
The ERF is sold separately and is necessary for safe viewing through a SCT or Mak-Cass telescope. This specialized filter reduces heat built up in the optical tube keeping your eyes and telescope safe. Specifically SCT owners must use a front mounted off-axis ERF to reduce their aperture. Maksutov owners operating at f/15 natively do not need to reduce the aperture of their telescope with an off-axis filter but do still need to employ a front mount ERF to keep heat from accumulating.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on Jan 7, 2016 2:37:00 PM
- Support / Downloads