Vixen AX103S Refractor Telescope
The Vixen AX103S f/8 Refractor includes a 3-element objective lens, featuring a central SD lens. The fourth lens is located within the focuser draw tube. APO lens elements are machined with superior precision for outstanding optical efficiency. Crystal clear, sharp, high contrast images are generated from this cutting-edge design. When combined with the rear Field Corrector Lens, the AX103S Refractor provides sharp, high contrast images without any vestige of false color.
Vixen Sphinx SXD2 Equatorial Mount and Starbook 10 Controller
Vixen has modified the design and construction of their cutting-edge SXD equatorial mount. The new SXD2 has a higher loading capacity along with more rigidity allowing for a steadier stage for astrophotography. Quiet stepping motors provide smooth slewing and fast command response.
Increased Loading Capacity: RA and DEC Axes are both manufactured from solid steel with brass wheel gears. This allows the mount the ability to take on loads of up to 50 lbs with counterweights included for astrophotography.
Smooth RA and DEC Movement: The interior of the new SXD2 is vastly different from prior SX Mounts. RA and DEC axes as well as the screw gear shafts now have added bearings. The worm screw gears are rigorously inspected for exact concentricity and are lapped in the whole circle for smooth movement.
Included with the SXD2 Mount is Vixen's new Starbook 10 controller, previously available only with the SXP Mount. The Starbook 10 consists of an enormous catalog of over 270,000 objects so that you'll be able to locate your desired target no matter where you are. Features a beautiful, full color, sizable LCD screen. Other convenient features such as night vision mode, brightness control, glowing control buttons, hibernate control, and bilingual options are also included with the Starbook 10. This controller also supplies backlash compensation; automatic Go-To performance; lunar, sidereal, solar, man-made satellite, and comet tracking modes; and both virtual and permanent PEC, advancing the SXD2 mount's gear efficiency.
- Full-color, 5" HD quality LCD screen
- Adjustable brightness
- Red night vision mode available for both screen and controller buttons
- 270,000+ object database
- Permits user defined objects
- Artificial satellite and comet tracking modes
- Backlash compensation
- Virtual and permanent PEC. Virtual PEC is automatically loaded on the mount's programing and will compensate for typical errors. Permanent PEC is a user determined correction which can be saved to controller, further refining the SXD's tracking accuracy.
- Adjustable hibernate mode. Save your battery life! "Wake up" your mount by simply switching over the power switch. No need to loosen clamp levers on the RA and DEC axis.
- LAN PC connection
- Integrated autoguider port
- Expansion slot available with purchase of separately available Advance Unit
Vixen Product Number: 25083