Orion 2" Moon Filter
The Moon's disk, even at partial phases, is intensely bright with reflected sunlight. The glare washes out most of the craters, rilles, and other surface details from view. This Orion moon filter reduces the glare, allowing transmission of only 13% of the reflected light. Not only will you see more surface features, but you can study them in greater comfort. The filter reduces irradiation, which is the distortion at the boundary between light and dark areas, such as along the lunar terminator.
The Orion Moon Filter is especially useful to owners of large-aperture scopes, in which the Moon's brightness can be overwhelming. It uniformly reduces light over the entire visible spectrum. Screws into threaded eyepiece barrel.
Orion 2" Moon Filter Features
- Helps reduce the bright glare of the Moon so you can see more lunar detail and surface features with your telescope
- 2" Moon filter threads directly into the barrel of a 2" telescope eyepiece
- Especially useful for large aperture telescopes through which the bright Moon surface can be overwhelming
- Transmits just 13% of the incoming light to your eye, enhancing your view
- Neutral filter will not alter the natural color of the Moon in your views
Orion Product Number: 5594