If you are one of the legions of folks who have “upgraded” to a big-screen television set lately, then you’ve probably become spoiled by its wonderfully expansive picture. Well, if you are a telescope user, you will be equally spoiled by the wide-field window into the heavens served up by a Stratus eyepiece. With an apparent field of 68° — which translates to a 71% greater viewing area than that of a typical 52° Plössl — Stratus eyepieces quite literally put more stars in your eyes. In the same way you feel more a part of the action watching a big-screen TV, with Stratus “sixty-eights” you will feel like you are really experiencing your celestial targets, rather than just viewing them from afar. You’ll never go back to Plössls again!
Orion 13mm Stratus Wide-Field Eyepiece
But it isn’t just the Stratus’ field of view that will widen your eyes. Each ocular has a sophisticated eight-element optical configuration that features a monster 1-1/4"-diameter eye lens to look into. Each also has a generous 20mm eye relief, so you’ll get the “big picture” even if you wear eyeglasses. The optics are fully multi-coated to maximize light transmission to your eyes, and the lens edges are blackened to ensure excellent contrast.
Stratus eyepieces fit in both 1.25" and 2" focusers. They sport fold-down rubber eyeguards and a knobby rubber grip. The chrome barrels feature a setscrew security recess and are threaded for filters. Each eyepiece comes with protective lens and barrel caps.
Orion 13mm Stratus Wide-Field Eyepiece Features
- The ultimate in viewing comfort - this 13mm telescope eyepiece sports a monster 1-1/4"-diameter eye lens and a generous 20mm eye relief
- Ideal for moderate-power, wide-field views of the Moon, planets and any deep sky object
- Provides a 68-degree apparent field of view for a nice and wide window into the heavens
- Usable in both 1.25" and larger 2" telescope focusers thanks to its dual-purpose body
- Optics are fully multi-coated and feature blackened lens edges for maximized light transmission and excellent contrast
- Additional Information
SKU OR-8244 Manufacturer Orion Optical Design Wide Angle Barrel Size 1.25" Warranty 1 Year Warranty Eyepiece Field of View - Apparent 68º Eyepiece Focal Length 13mm Eyepiece Eye Relief 20mm Eyepiece Manufacturer Series Orion Stratus Eyepiece Weight 14 oz. Field Stop 19mm Number of Lens Elements & Groups 8 elements Special Feature None Comes with Dust Caps? Yes Comes with Eye Guard? Yes
- Included Items
- Orion 13mm Stratus Wide-Field Eyepiece
- Dust Caps
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads