1.25" Orion H-Alpha Extra-Narrowband Filter
Imagine capturing brilliant, high-contrast images of nebulas in full moonlight or in the thick of downtown light pollution. Bring it on, because you can do just that with the Orion H-alpha Extra Narrowband imaging filter.
Designed exclusively for deep-sky imaging of emission nebulas with CCD cameras, this high-performance filter transmits 90 percent of light at the hydrogen-alpha line of 656.3nm and has a very narrow full width at half-maximum (FWHM) bandpass of 7nm. The Orion 7nm H-Alpha filter blocks out all other light, including artificial light pollution and moonlight. It also blocks infrared (IR) light. The result is a dramatic boost in contrast, revealing subtle nebular details that are usually washed out by contrast-killing broadband light. Stars come out tight and sharp.
The Orion Hydrogen-Alpha 7nm Narrowband filter is also ideal for capturing luminance data for LRGB color imaging of hydrogen-alpha emission nebulae with monochrome imagers, such as the Orion StarShoot Deep Space Monochrome Imager II. When the monochromatic H-alpha image is combined with the exposures taken through red, green, and blue filters, the resulting color image teems with fine details that are "missing in action" in a standard color shot. The Orion H-alpha Extra Narrowband imaging filter is the perfect accessory for the StarShoot Deep Space Monochrome Imager II. The 1.25"-diameter filter threads into the nosepiece of the camera or the Orion Multiple Filter Wheel.
1.25" Orion H-Alpha Extra-Narrowband Filter Features..
- Take high-contrast CCD images of emission nebulas in full moonlight or in extreme light pollution with this specialized extra narrowband h-alpha astrophotography filters
- Astrophotography filter provides 90% transmission at H-alpha line of 656.3nm and very narrow bandpass of 7nm
- Reveals subtle nebular details which are usually washed out by contrast-killing broadband light
- Also works great in conjunction with other filters for more advanced astrophotography techniques
- Astrophotography filter threads into standard 1.25" camera nosepiece, Orion Nautilus 1.25" Filter Wheel or Orion Multiple 1.25" Filter Wheel
Orion Product Number: 5587