Upgrade your Orion reflector or other Newtonian-style reflectors with a quality 2" Crayford-style focuser*. Designed to replace existing rack-and-pinion focusers on Orion reflectors, the Orion 2" Crayford-style focuser provides an unmatched level of focusing smoothness and accuracy. Easy to install, this drop-in upgrade requires no modification of the optical tube.
Orion 2" Crayford Focuser for Newtonian Telescopes
The deluxe cast-aluminum focuser features super-smooth roller bearing motion designed to completely eliminate image shift through the entire focusing range. It's internally blackened to improve contrast and reduce glare. The machined metal knobs with rubber grips have a quality feel, and a tension control provides precise focusing adjustment. The Orion Crayford Style Focuser accepts 2" and 1.25" eyepieces.
The Orion 2" Crayford Focuser has a racked-in height of 2-11/16" and 1.4" (35mm) of drawtube travel. The base is contoured to fit Orion 8"- to 12"-aperture Dobsonian and other reflector tubes. It replaces 2" rack-and-pinion focusers on these reflectors.
Orion 2" Crayford Focuser for Newtonian Telescopes Features
- Smooth, accurate Crayford-style focuser for reflector telescopes accepts both 2" and 1.25" eyepieces
- Focuser body is contoured to fit 8"-12" reflector telescope tubes
- Roller-bearing design provides zero image-shift through focusing range - significantly improves performance compared to rack and pinion focusers
- Features deluxe machined focus knobs with rubber grips and adjustable tension control
- Lets you easily achieve the sharpest possible focus through a telescope, even at high magnifications
Customer Note: For 203mm (8") f/4.9 and 254mm (10") f/4.7 Orion reflectors, a #5122 eyepiece adapter is needed to reach focus. For attachment of a camera body for prime-focus photography, a #5117 T-thread camera adapter is required (sold separately).
*Note: The 2" Crayford-Style Focuser is not a drop-in replacement for the Orion SkyQuest XT8 Classic Dobsonian or Orion reflectors smaller than 8" aperture without modification of the telescope. Orion SkyQuest Classic Dobsonians purchased prior to 2002 also require modification in order to use the 2" Crayford focuser. Regardless of the telescope you plan to attach this focuser to, it would be a good idea to take a look at the Orion 2" Crayford-Style Focuser Instruction Manual before you buy, just to make sure it will fit and focus correctly.
- Additional Information
SKU OR-13039 Manufacturer Orion Focuser Design Crayford Focuser or Mask Size 2" Drawtube Focus Control Manual Warranty Orion Limited Warranty
- Included Items
- Orion 2" Crayford Focuser for Newtonian Telescopes
- Screw pack
- Allen wrenches
- One Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Questions & Answers
- Support / Downloads