Celestron 9x33 Granite Binoculars
Pinnacle of Optical Design
Celestron Granite Series Roof Prism Binoculars are the pinnacle of optical and mechanical design. Granite offers all the features you’d expect from a top-of-the-line binocular, including ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass. The ED objective lenses and fully multi-coated optics provide excellent sharpness and color correction, while virtually eliminating chromatic aberration. Granite also features BaK-4 prisms with phase and dielectric coatings to increase light transmission and overall image quality.
As the name implies, Granite binoculars are made to withstand the test of time. They are constructed from magnesium alloy, which is tougher and lighter than aluminum. Granite also features metal—not plastic—twist-up eyecups.
Joining the beloved Granite series is the 9x33 model. This new model provides an excellent balance between performance and comfort, weighing just 20 ounces. The 9x33 provides a wider field of view compared to 42mm binoculars, making them an excellent choice for travel, sports and outdoor activities.
Celestron 9x33 Granite Binoculars Features
- ED Objective Lenses: Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass minimizes chromatic aberration, providing accurate color reproduction, increased resolution and contrast.
- Fully Multi-Coated Optics: Maximum light transmission through the optical path for brighter images.
- Extremely Wide Field of View: Allows the user to quickly acquire the subject being viewed. Larger viewing area makes it easier to follow subjects when they move.
- BaK-4 Prisms w/ Phase and Dielectric Coatings: Increases light transmission through the prism system for brighter images. Increases contrast and resolution.
- Open hinge design w/magnesium alloy body: Ergonomic open hinge design with a lightweight, durable magnesium frame that is easy to hold. Easy to use for extended periods of time and carry on long excursions. Simple operation even with one hand.
- 8.2’ Close Focus: Detailed, up close observation of subjects in close proximity. Ideal for watching birds, insects, plants, etc.
- Metal Twist-Up Eyecups: Twist-up eyecup for correct positioning of the users eyes for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses. Granite's metal design is more durable than plastic.
- Tripod adaptable: Attach the binocular to a tripod for extended viewing sessions.
Celestron 9x33 Granite Binoculars Specifications
- Diameter: 33mm
- Magnification: 9x
- Weight: 20.1 oz.
- Angular Field of View: 7.2º
- Linear Field of View @ 1,000 Yards: 378 ft.
- Exit Pupil: 3.6mm
- Eye Relief: 14.1mm
- Close Focus: 8.2 ft.
- IPD Maximum: 73mm
- IPD Minimum: 56mm
- Prisms: BaK-4
- Optical Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Weather Proof: Waterproof and Fogproof - Nitrogen Purged
- Tripod Adaptable: Yes
- Size: 5.5" x 4.9" x 2.1"
Celestron Product Number: 71380
- Additional Information
SKU CE-71380 UPC Code 050234713801 Manufacturer Celestron Activity Birding & Wildlife, Boating & Water Sports, Sporting Events, Travel & Compact Lens Aperture 33mm Magnification 9X Exit Pupil 3.6mm Eye Relief 14.1mm Close Focus 8.2 ft. Focusing System Center Focus Knob Waterproofing Waterproof Optical Coatings Fully Multi-Coated BK-7 or BAK-4 BAK-4 Prism Type Roof Prism Interpupillary Distance Range 56mm - 73mm Angular Field of View 7.2º Linear FOV at 1000 Yards 378 ft. Tripod Adaptable Yes Includes Case? Yes Weight 20.1 oz. Dimensions 5.4" x 4.9" x 2.1" Warranty Celestron Lifetime No Fault Warranty
- Included Items
- Celestron 9x33 Granite Binoculars
- Neck Strap
- Harness Strap
- Objective Lens Caps
- Carrying Case
- Lens Cloth
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts