Celestron CGX 1100 Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope and Mount
Celestron's CGX 1100 features the high-end 11" Schmidt Cassegrian OTA with XLT coatings mounted on the brand new CGX mount. The CGX mount is the newest member of Celestrons fully computerized Equatorial mount series capable of carrying Celestron’s high-end 11" and 14" optical tubes. The CGE PRO style, 2.75" leg tripod holds even our 14" optics securely while dampening vibration, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 55 lbs of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
German Equatorial mounts are recognized for their rock solid stability, simple balancing and easy accessibility for attaching accessories. With sophisticated software features like the Hibernate function, the CGX can maintain its star alignment night after night without needing to be re-aligned, making it an excellent choice for a permanent observatory facility.
The Celestron CGX Mount is an innovative new design that improves on it's predecessors in every imaginable way. It's the product of over three years of innovative design and planning, and it shows. It's
Ergonomic Design - The Celestrom CGX mount is incredibly ergonomic, from the convenient carrying handles to the easy to use and turn knobs.
Splendid Engineering- This mount boasts drastically reduced backlash and improved stability. Incredibly rigid, this mount also boasts an improved motor system that greatly boosts the provided torque. It's simply superior to it's predecessors in every way.
Innovation - The Celestron CGX series boasts internal cabling that utterly bypasses the issue of cable twisting or tangling by letting you route all your own power supply and accessory cables into a convenient port on a part of the mount that moves- from which they enter into the mount, utterly contained, and reach everywhere they need to on the inside without any tangling issues. Neat and clean!
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGX mount will track a full 20 degrees past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGX mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, utilizing a top quality Nexstar hand controller.
Bobs Knobs- Limited Time Offer!
Celestron CGX 1100 SCT Features
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- New CGX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the mirror flop typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2.75 inch steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- New All-star Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Heavily improved motors boost torque notably, while other design choices greatly reduce backlash and increase accuracy and smoothness.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
Celestron Product Number: 12052
- Additional Information
SKU CE-12052 UPC Code 050234110990 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron CGX Optical Design Schmidt-Cassegrain Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 11" Telescope Focal Ratio f/10 Telescope Focal Length 2800mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.7 Highest Useful Magnification 661x Optical Coatings Celestron XLT Tube Color or Finish Celestron Grey Optical Tube Outer Diameter Not provided by manufacturer Length of Optical Tube 24" Optical Tube Weight 27.5 lbs. Mount Weight 41 lbs. Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Diagonal Included? Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 40mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter CD ROMs Included NexRemote Counterweights Included (1) 22 lb. Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, Last Alignment Used, Quick Align, Solar System Align Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000 objects OTA Mount Type N/A Tripod Type Included Extra Large Heavy Duty Total Telescope Weight 145 lbs.
- Included Items
- Celestron 1100 Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope
- Celestron CGX Mount
- StarBright XLT Coatings
- 9x50 Finderscope
- 2.75" Tublar Stainless Steel Leg Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- (1) 22lb. Counterweights
- Star Diagonal
- Hand Controller
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC)
- DC Servo Motors
- RJ-12 Modular Jack
- ST-4 Compatible Guide Port
- Autoguide Port
- Auxillary Port
- RS-232 Communication Port
- DC Car Battery Plug
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts