About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount…
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind, and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work…or a combination of the two.
About the Optical Tube Assembly…
The Celestron 6" f/8 achromatic refractor is a sight to behold. The telescope itself is glossy black, and while your skies may not be glossy, they will be black as night when you gaze through your Celestron 6" refractor. High contrast views are your reward when you choose a refractor as your optical weapon of choice. Unlike other optical designs, like a Newtonian or Schmidt-Cassegrain, the refractor has no secondary mirror obstruction. This feature results in brighter views per inch of aperture, as well as higher contrast. The optical tube assembly comes with a 2" rack and pinion focuser with 1.25" adapter, as well as a 9x50 finder to help you find your way.
- Celestron's 6" Refractor yields high contrast views of the planets and bright deep-sky objects.
- The 2" rack and pinion focuser comes with an 1.25" adapter, allowing use of both 2" and 1.25" accessories.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Celestron Advanced VX 6" Refractor Telescope Specifications…
- Optical Design: Achromatic Refractor
- Aperture (mm): 150 mm (5.91 in)
- Focal Length (mm): 1200mm (47 in)
- Focal Ratio: 8
- Eyepiece 1 (mm): 20 mm (0.79 in)
- Magnification 1: 60 x
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Fastar Compatible?: Yes
- Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- Tripod Legs: 2"
- Power Supply: Car battery adapter
- Highest Useful Magnification: 354 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 21 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.4
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.93 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.77 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 459 x
- Optical Tube Length: 51 in (1295 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 19 lbs (8.62 kg)
- EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
- Total Weight (lbs): 71 lbs (32 kg)
- Tripod Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
- Tripod Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
- Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
- Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 2 x 11 lbs
- Latitude Range: 7-77º
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
- Internal Clock?: Yes
- GPS?: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Additional Information
SKU CE-22020 UPC Code 050234220200 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron Advanced VX Optical Design Refractor - Achromatic Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 5.91" Telescope Focal Ratio f/8 Telescope Focal Length 1200mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 13.4 Highest Useful Magnification 354x Optical Coatings Not Provided by Manufacturer Tube Color or Finish Gloss Black Length of Optical Tube 51" Optical Tube Weight 19 lb. Mount Weight 17 lb. Dew Shield Included? Yes Diagonal Included? Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 20mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter Counterweights Included 2 @ 11 lb. Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, Last Alignment Used, Quick Align, Solar System Align Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000+ OTA Mount Type Dual Rings Tripod Type Included Adjustable with Steel Legs Total Telescope Weight 71 lb.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- All that I Hoped for and More
I purchased this lovely refractor for myself at the end of the summer with the intent of delving a bit into astrophotography. Though I've used computerized reflectors for sometime now, I wanted something different. I have been EXTREMELY pleased!
The assistance I got from the salesperson at OPT was OUTSTANDING. Honestly, I could not have assembled all of what I need for what I want to do with my new scope without his help. He listened to what I wanted, recommended, then listened some more. What great customer service!
I will admit that I initially struggled for several viewing sessions aligning the telescope with the Advanced Series GT ~ NextStar computer that comes with the mount. (Honestly it's more likely the operator not knowing her names of stars more than an issue with the program itself.) I later broke down and purchased the StarSense Camera to work with NextStar and totally LOVE it. I can be set up under non-optimal conditions such as in-town or at dusk and be ready to view in just minutes.
The quality of the refractor is very sweet. I'm simply a beginner in photography, but I've taken some pretty good pics of the Moon and Sun (with the aid of a solar filter).
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- 6" Achromatic Refractor OTA
- 20mm Eyepiece
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Car battery adapter
- 2 - 11lb counterweights
- VX Advanced mount
- Hand controller
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsCan you please inform whether the OTA is of doublet type Achromatic optical design? It is Achromat but not mentioned in the description that it is any type of doublet design or not.Can you recommend an alternative focuser for this telescope? I will be attaching a DLSR camera for astrophotography.Question by: Elisabeth Snipes on Oct 9, 2016 7:33:00 PMA Feathertouch FTF2025BCR would make a great upgrade (https://www.optcorp.com/si-ftf2025bcr-feathertouch-dual-speed-rotatable-2inch-focuser.html). You would also need an adapter - likely the A20-292 - but please contact us so we can get some measurements for the adapter on this scope.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on Oct 28, 2016 3:47:00 PM
- Support / Downloads