About the Celestron Advanced VX Mount…
The Advanced VX equatorial mount from Celestron was engineered from the ground up with astro-imaging in mind, and sets a new standard in mid-level telescopes on the market today. The Celestron Advanced VX provides you with many of the features found on sophisticated German equatorial mounts, at an extremely affordable price.
The Celestron Advanced VX equatorial mount is specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for telescopes that weigh thirty (30) pounds or less. With the Advanced VX, you’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction, or image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. You can also enjoy features like All-Star Polar Alignment and auto guider support. The Advanced VX has a significantly larger base than Celestron's CG5 mount, improving stability under heavy loads. The motors have also been improved. They now offer more torque and can more easily handle slight load imbalances.
Experienced imagers will love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site, knowing that they can experience much of the performance of their larger stationary mount. New amateur astronomers will also benefit greatly from the advanced features of the Celestron VX mount. They can rest easy knowing the mount they have chosen will serve them for a long time to come, whether they wish to do visual or imaging work…or a combination of the two.
About the Optical Tube Assembly…
The 11" f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain optical tube assembly is the largest telescope choice in the Advanced VX line. If delving as deeply as you can into the Universe is your cup of tea, then you need aperture, and the Celestron 11" SCT has got that in spades! The f/10 focal ratio is classic when it comes to visual observations and planetary photography, and when it comes time to do some wide-field deep-space imaging, an optional focal reducer or Fastar/Hyperstar will reduce the focal length down admirably.
- Celestron's 11" Schmidt Cassegrain optical tube assembly collects 41% more light than a 9.25" telescope.
- The 11" SCT's optics include Celestron StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission.
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction on the Celestron Advanced VX mount eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- The motors of the VX mount offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances.
- The updated industrial design of the Advanced VX offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics.
- The Celestron VX design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings.
- The Advanced VX mount can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude, incorporating a much larger latitudinal range than normally seen on equatorial mounts.
- The improved electronics on the Advanced VX contain increased memory for future expansion.
- A Celestron NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Bobs Knobs- Limited Time Offer!
Celestron Advanced VX 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope Specifications…
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture (mm): 280 mm (11 in)
- Focal Length (mm): 2800 mm (110 in)
- Focal Ratio: 10
- Eyepiece 1 (mm): 40 mm (1.57 in)
- Magnification 1: 70 x
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Fastar Compatible?: Yes
- Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- Tripod Legs: 2"
- Power Supply: Car battery adapter
- Highest Useful Magnification: 661 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 40 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.7
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.5 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.41 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1600 x
- Optical Tube Length: 24 in (610 mm)
- Optical Tube Weight: 27 lbs (12 kg)
- EQ Mount Weight: 17 lbs (7.71 kg)
- Total Weight (lbs): 95 lbs (43 kg)
- Tripod Height (Max): 64" in (1626 mm)
- Tripod Height (Min): 44" in (1118 mm)
- Tripod Weight: 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
- Counterweight Bar: 12" Length, 0.75" Diameter lbs (5.44 kg)
- Counterweights: 2 x 11 lbs
- Latitude Range: 7-77º
- Motor Drive: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- Communication Ports: 2x AUX ports, Autoguider port, RS-232 port (on hand control)
- Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Power Requirements: 12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
- Internal Clock?: Yes
- GPS?: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Additional Information
SKU CE-12067 UPC Code 050234206716 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron Advanced VX Optical Design Schmidt-Cassegrain Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 11" Telescope Focal Ratio f/10 Telescope Focal Length 2800mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.7 Highest Useful Magnification 661x Optical Coatings Celestron XLT Tube Color or Finish Gloss Black Length of Optical Tube 24" Optical Tube Weight 27 lb. Mount Weight 17 lb. Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Diagonal Included? Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 40mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter Counterweights Included 2 @ 11 lb. Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, Last Alignment Used, Quick Align, Solar System Align Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000+ OTA Mount Type Vixen-Style Dovetail Tripod Type Included Adjustable with Steel Legs Total Telescope Weight 95 lb.
- Included Items
- 11" SCT OTA
- 40mm Eyepiece
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Car battery adapter
- 2 - 11lb counterweights
- VX Advanced mount
- Hand controller
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads