Celestron's CGEM DX 1100 features the high-end 11" Schmidt Cassegrian OTA with XLT coatings mounted on the brand new CGEM DX™ mount. The CGEM DX™ mount is the newest member of our fully computerized Equatorial mount series capable of carrying Celestron’s high-end 11" and 14" optical tubes. The CGE PRO style, 2.75" leg tripod holds even our 14" optics securely while dampening vibration , which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 50 lbs of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
Celestron CGEM DX 1100 Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope and Mount
Ergonomic Design - CGEM DX was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM DX series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM DX sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM DX will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Power Management - Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced. This allows the CGEM DX to have the payload capacity of that of much larger mounts without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
Bobs Knobs- Limited Time Offer!
Celestron CGEM DX 1100 SCT Features
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- New CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the mirror flop typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2.75 inch steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- New All-star Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
Image provided by Celestron depicts CGEM DX 1100 (11002) Model.
- Additional Information
SKU CE-11000 UPC Code 050234110006 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron CGEM DX Optical Design Schmidt-Cassegrain Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 11" Telescope Focal Ratio f/10 Telescope Focal Length 2800mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.7 Highest Useful Magnification 661x Optical Coatings Celestron XLT Tube Color or Finish Celestron Grey Optical Tube Outer Diameter Not provided by manufacturer Length of Optical Tube 24" Optical Tube Weight 27.5 lbs. Mount Weight 41 lbs. Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Diagonal Included? Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 40mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter CD ROMs Included NexRemote Counterweights Included (1) 22 lb. Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, Last Alignment Used, Quick Align, Solar System Align Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000 objects OTA Mount Type CGE Dovetail Tripod Type Included Extra Large Heavy Duty Total Telescope Weight 145 lbs.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Best Telescope EVER!
Easily the best telescope I have ever purchased. Great optics, excellently stable and accurate mount, and a good price too.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- Celestron 1100 Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope
- Celestron CGEM DX Mount
- StarBright XLT Coatings
- 9x50 Finderscope
- 2.75" Tublar Stainless Steel Leg Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- (1) 22lb. Counterweights
- Star Diagonal
- Hand Controller
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC)
- DC Servo Motors
- RJ-12 Modular Jack
- ST-4 Compatible Guide Port
- Autoguide Port
- Auxillary Port
- RS-232 Communication Port
- DC Car Battery Plug
- Questions & Answers
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts