The 12.5mm Orion Illuminated Plossl Telescope Eyepiece is great for accurate polar alignment. The 4-element Plossl design is also well suited for off-axis guiders, where light gathering is minimal. Fully multi-coated lenses, 4-deg apparent field. LED-illuminated double crossline reticle has adjustable focus and brightness. SR-44 batteries included. 1.25" diameter.
Orion 12.5mm Illuminated 1.25" Plossl Eyepiece
Orion 12.5mm Illuminated 1.25" Plossl Eyepiece Features
- Four-element 12.5mm focal length 1.25" Plossl telescope eyepiece with an illuminated double crossline reticle
- Excellent for accurate polar alignment, GoTo system alignment, IntelliScope system alignment, and acquiring and centering of guide stars for guided astrophotography pursuits
- Fully multi-coated lenses provide bright views with a 4-degree apparent field of view
- LED-illuminated double crossline reticle has adjustable focus and brightness
- Illuminator requires SR-44 batteries (included)
- Additional Information
SKU OR-8450 Manufacturer Orion Optical Design Plossl Barrel Size 1.25" Warranty 1 Year Warranty Eyepiece Field of View - Apparent 40º Eyepiece Focal Length 12.5mm Eyepiece Eye Relief 5mm Eyepiece Manufacturer Series Orion Illuminated Eyepiece Weight 3 oz. Field Stop 10.4mm Number of Lens Elements & Groups 4 elements Special Feature Illuminated Comes with Dust Caps? Yes Comes with Eye Guard? Yes
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Great for Centering but...
The double cross reticle pattern is very useful for centering your scope during Star Alignment actions. But this eyepiece has a few issues, too...
1 The 40deg FOV is quite narrow, combined with the magnification of 12.5mm. This can be a challenge when moving from the wide field of a finderscope.
2 There is no eyecup, and the eyelens is nearly flush to the exterior. This means glare from any external sources must be shaded away with your hand - while also trying to use your hand-controller to center your scope.
3 Focusing the reticle is done by helical means of the eyelens element. As you twist this outward, it quickly begins to get rather loose and wiggly in its threads - and there is no stop before it comes lose in your hand.
All that aside, once you have your target within the FOV, the illuminated thin-lined double-cross reticle makes it quite clear where to center your scope.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- 12.5mm Plossl Eyepiece - 1.25"
- SR-44 Batteries
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts