Orion Hydrogen-Beta (H-Beta) Filter - 1.25"
A Hydrogen-Beta telescope filter may be the only way to see the faint and elusive Horsehead, California, and Cocoon Nebulas. It blocks everything but the hydrogen-beta light these faint nebulas emit, providing the contrast needed for viewing
By isolating the hydrogen-beta spectral line centered at 486.1 nm in a 12nm band-pass and blocking other wavelengths, Orion's Hydrogen-Beta Telescope Filter effectively blackens the background sky, allowing the faint nebula to become clearly defined. It increases contrast even under dark skies so you can visually capture these prized targets. Use with a moderate to large aperture telescope under clear, dark viewing conditions. Threaded to fit 1.25" telescope eyepieces and telescope diagonals.
Orion Hydrogen-Beta (H-Beta) Filter Features
- Orion's Hydrogen-Beat eyepiece filter makes it possible to view the elusive Horsehead, California, and Cocoon Nebulas in dark skies
- Selective band-pass filter transmits only the hydrogen-beta light these faint nebulas emit
- Filter allows you to observe targets that are considered trophies of visual astronomy
- Best used with a moderate to large aperture telescope and clear, dark skies
- Threaded to fit 1.25" eyepieces and threaded diagonal barrels
Orion Product Number: 5583