This version of the Orion SkyGlow is a must-have filter for any astrophotographer that doesn't happen to live on Mauna Kea. With the Orion SkyGlow Imaging filter you can take incredible deep-sky images under light-polluted skies with your CCD or DSLR camera. That's because Orion custom designed the filter to selectively block the specific wavelengths of light associated with urban sky glow, letting the light emitted from deep-sky objects shine through. You'll see a marked increase in image contrast for all types of deep sky objects, even faint galaxies, which typically are suppressed through visual light pollution filters.
Orion 1.25" SkyGlow Astrophotography / Imaging Filter
By blocking up to 99% transmission of the offending wavelengths, the Orion SkyGlow Imaging filter enables longer exposure times without background saturation. Because the white light spectrum remains largely intact, the color balance of the image is not affected, eliminating the need for corrective processing later.
The improvement in contrast achieved with the Orion SkyGlow Imaging filter is remarkable. With this filter you can take long-exposure photographs faint galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters from a light-polluted city, or from a suburban back yard brightened by a nearby street lamp. Your images will turn out better than you ever thought possible.
The Orion SkyGlow Imaging filter has a 1.25" threaded aluminum cell, which can thread into the nosepiece of the Orion StarShoot CCD and similar cameras. The 2" filter (sold separately) fits 2" accessories. Don't let light pollution spoil your deep-sky images! Get a SkyGlow Imaging filter today and enjoy vivid, high-contrast shots – from anywhere!
Orion 1.25" SkyGlow Astrophotography / Imaging Filter Features
- Specialized astrophotography filter designed for deep-sky imaging in light polluted skies with CCD or DSLR cameras
- The SkyGlow Imaging filter suppresses up to 99% transmission of specific light wavelengths responsible for light pollution
- Enhances contrast of all types of deep-sky objects: galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters
- Filter preserves neutral color balance, eliminating need for corrective color processing later
- Enables longer astrophotographic exposure times without background saturation due to sky glow
- Additional Information
SKU OR-5559 Manufacturer Orion Type of Filter Light Pollution Reduction Filter Usage Imaging, Visual Single or Set? Single Filter Filter Size 1.25" Filter Shape Round Filter Mounted? Mounted Warranty Orion Limited Warranty
- Included Items
- 1.25" SkyGlow Imaging Filter
- Filter Case
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts