Meade LightBridge 10" f/5 Truss-Tube Dobsonian Telescope
"Space is infinite... ...Your back seat is NOT."
It's not just a big telescope. It's a big telescope that goes anywhere. LightBridge truss-dobs from Meade will fit in just about any car, and set up and and take down quickly, so you can take one of these massive windows on the universe out to your favorite dark-sky location with ease...even if your favorite location is your own back yard. Light Bridge Dobs give you high quality Meade optics, premium components, and ultra portability...all for about the same price as a classic, tube-style Dobsonian.
Meade LightBridge 10" f/5 Truss-Tube Dobsonian Telescope Features
Diffraction Limited Optics Meade optics consistently outperform telescopes of similar and larger aperture. Consumers know that "Meade Optics Inside" means that what they see through our telescopes will be views that are detailed, crisp and full of contrast.
- Meade Optical Coatings Aluminum Coatings with magnesium fluoride over coat provides bright images full of detail.
- Includes anti-reflection coatings on trusses and castings.
- 2" Crayford-Style Machined Aluminum Focuser With 1.25" Adapter: Smooth precise focusing is achieved with this classic design. A unique focus tension knob and focus lock design gives complete control over focus.
- Built-In Primary Mirror Cooling Fan: Bring the telescope into thermal equilibrium quickly and efficiently with the battery powered cooling fan. The fan is mounted to the rear of the "vented" primary mirror cell for fast cool down.
- Steel RA Roller Bearings Roller bearings make movements smooth and effortless.
- Advanced Four-Reticle Red Dot Viewfinder: Four reticles and varying brightness controls allow this deluxe finder to adjust to your observing needs.
- 26mm QX™ Wide Angle 2" Eyepiece Deluxe Model: This premium eyepiece has a 2" barrel, and boasts a whopping 70° Apparent Field of View.
Meade guaranties their product to perform as well as promised and the First Light Program was made to prove this to the customers.
If your telescope's workmanship or materials fail within the first 30 days of ownership, Meade will replace it- no questions asked!
Meade Product Number: 1005-05-03
Oversize Shipping Charges Statement: The dimensional weight for LightBridge telescope boxes are considered oversized by UPS, which causes the shipping costs to sky-rocket. Because of these high shipping charges, OPT has no other choice (unless we want to lose money on the sale) but to pass part of the charges on to the customer. Therefore, please note that the price shown above does not include a $40 oversize box fee. The amount will be added to your order before the telescope ships. If you pick the telescope up at OPT, by the way, you will not have to pay this fee. Thank you for your understanding.
- Diffraction Limited Optics Meade optics consistently outperform telescopes of similar and larger aperture. Consumers know that "Meade Optics Inside" means that what they see through our telescopes will be views that are detailed, crisp and full of contrast.
- Additional Information
SKU ME-1005-05-03 UPC Code 709942503203 Manufacturer Meade Telescope Series Meade LightBridge Optical Design Newtonian Reflector - Open Truss Mount Type Dobsonian Cradle Warranty 1 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 10" Telescope Focal Ratio f/5 Telescope Focal Length 1270mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.5 Highest Useful Magnification 600x Optical Coatings MgF2 Dew Shield Included? No, Not Necessary Diagonal Included? No - Not Required Eyepiece(s) Included 26mm QX Optical Tube Weight 38 lbs. Total Telescope Weight 65 lbs. Length of Optical Tube Not provided by manufacturer Optical Tube Outer Diameter Not provided by manufacturer Tube Color or Finish Gloss White OTA Mount Type N/A Finder Included Red Dot Finder CD ROMs Included AutoStar Suite Controller Type None Objects in Database N/A OTA Cooling Fan? Yes Mount Weight 27 lbs. Tripod Type Included None, Not Required Counterweights Included N/A Power Adapter Included None - Does Not Require Power
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Perfect telescope
This is one of the finest telescopes I have ever used. Great controls and ease of use makes this a winner. I shows galaxies and nebulae great even from light polluted skies. it is very compact when it comes to traveling. It's also short wich allows me to sit down when observing most of the time. Dewing can be a problem at times, but thats why i'm getting a dew shield. It's short focal ratio also gives it a boost when looking at galaxies and commets with the given wide field eye piece. This would suit any one of any experience level and I recomend this to anyone who wants a good deal on a telescope.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- Meade 10" f/5 Diffraction-Limited Primary
- Built-in Cooling Fan
- Laminated Base with steel roller bearings in RA
- 2" Crayford-Style Focuser with 1.25" Insert
- Series 4000 26mm QX Eyepiece - 2"
- Advanced 4-Reticle Red Dot Viewfinder
- Autostar Suite Astronomer Edition Software (PC only)
- Anti-reflection coatings on trusses and castings
- Questions & Answers
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts