Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 Essential Series APO Triplet Refractor - No Case
From our Moon’s chiseled craters to Jupiter’s orderly cloud belts to the blue-white stars of the Orion Nebula popping against the complex misty cloud they call home, Explore Scientific’s 102mm Apochromatic Refractor can open up a treasure trove of night sky treats.
A nice compromise between portability and aperture, this versatile high-end telescope offers true diffraction-limited optics and has an objective lens size that performs well in lunar, planetary and deep sky viewing situations.
Featuring an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations, this telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine HOYA extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 Essential Series APO Triplet Refractor Features...
- The Explore ED102 telescope comes with a white aluminum tube with black accents.
- Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Apochromatic Triplets have true APO optic and are diffraction limited at .25PV or better.
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan is used on all ED APO Triplets at Explore, for superb quality and light throughput.
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter; and contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly.
- 102mm models come with heavy-duty 2" dual-speed focusers.
- The included 2" diagonal has a precision-polished mirror with enhanced 99% dielectric coatings.
- To attach your Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, we have included the "Vixen-style" dovetail. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
Manufacturer Product Number: ED10207-01
- Additional Information
SKU ES-ED10207-01 UPC Code 812257014958 Manufacturer Explore Scientific Telescope Series Explore Triplet ED Optical Design Refractor - Apochromatic Mount Type None - Optical Tube Only Warranty Lifetime Warranty Telescope Aperture 4" Telescope Focal Length 714mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/7 Limiting Stellar Magnitude 12.5 Optical Coatings Explore EMD Tube Color or Finish Gloss White Optical Tube Outer Diameter 4.7" (119mm) Optical Tube Weight 9.6 lb. Dew Shield Included? Yes OTA Mount Type N/A Diagonal Included? Yes - 2" Star Diagonal Focuser Style Rack & Pinion Focusing Speeds Two-Speed Tripod Type Included None, Sold Separately
- Included Items
- Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 Essential Series APO Triplet Refractor
- Two-Speed Rack & Pinion Focuser
- Cradle Rings w/ Handle
- Vixen Dovetail
- 2" Diagonal
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsDoes the focuser on this scope rotate; does it have a tension adjustment on it; and/or a lock to hold it in place for astrophotography? Is there any difference between the optics and hardware on this scope vs the ES-EDT-10207-CF you also sell? Thanks.Question by: JimG on Dec 7, 2014 7:17:11 AMHello Jim,
Thank you for your question. According to Explore Scientific, the focuser on this telescope indeed does rotate & yes it does have a tension adjustment to lock it in place for astrophotography. Keep in mind that you might get a little sag or flex on the focuser if you use a CCD camera that is too big or heavy for the focuser. Most DSLR cameras will not have this issue. There is no difference on the hardware between the carbon fiber version & this version (Except for the type of material the two tubes are made of) in terms of the hardware or the optics.Answer by: Roderick (Admin) on Dec 9, 2014 5:47:47 AM
- Support / Downloads