Celestron CGE Pro 1400 Telescope: Fastar-Compatible
Some 40 years ago, Celestron founder - Tom Johnson - introduced the first Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes into the amateur astronomy market and began a revolution. Now, Celestron's CGE-1400 Pro takes performance to a new level beginning with the extreme optical quality of the 14" Schmidt Cassegrian combined with Starbright XLT coatings mounted on Celestron's newly engineered and innovative CGE Pro mount. This new take on a tried and true design has given the world another Celestron "classic" - one capable of carrying the load securely and vibration free... and taking both astro imaging and visual observing to new heights.
With a telescope capable of gathering 2579X more light than the human eye, the precise f/11 optics of the Celestron C14 Fastar-Compatible SCT offers up an incredible 0.33 arc seconds of resolution spread out over a 0.53° angular field of view. With a limiting magnitude factor of 15.3 and a practical magnification limit of 840X, we're talking about a telescope able to deliver remarkable planetary and lunar views. When sky permits, you can expect to see details like delicate divisions in Saturn's ring structure, details on Mars and follow Jupiter events like shadow transits and Great Red Spot appearances with ease. Star clusters will transform into well-resolved facets, galaxies will take on structure and difficult double stars will yield their companions. With a low end magnification limit of 51X, just add a wide field eyepiece, or open both eyes wide with Celestron Stereo Binocular Viewers and enjoy panoramic vistas of extended nebulae and sweep the heavens for every last photon!
Long favored by astronomy buffs and astrophotograpers, the German Equatorial mount is a time-honored choice for its stability and portability - more stable because the center of gravity is directly over the center of the base and more portable because it can be broken down into smaller components for easy storage and transportation. For astrophotography, the German Equatorial mount offers easier balancing, unlimited space at the rear of the telescope tube to mount a camera, and whole sky access. Now you can enjoy all of the most sought after Celestron NexStar software and database features combined with the high standards and unflinchng tradition of the German Equatorial mount. Just take a look at what the Celestron CGE Pro 1400 Fastar-Compatible Telescope has to offer...
Fastar Compatible - Equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 ccd imaging. Not only does imaging in the FASTAR configuration allow for exposure times that are 25 times faster than at f/11, but also yields a field of view five times wider. Perfect combination for imaging your favorite wide field objects in a fraction of the time. (FASTAR imaging requires a third party lens assembly in place of the secondary mirror).
Portability – Set up and transportation of the Celestron CGE Pro 11089 telescope is made easy by separating the mount into smaller, easy-to-carry components. Unlike fork arm mounted telescopes, the CGE’s optical tube can be quickly removed from its mount and can be easily assembled in minutes.
Stability – Recognized for superior stability, German Equatorial mounts place the center of gravity directly over the tripod legs and can be easily polar aligned without the use of an optional equatorial wedge. This proven design reduces the “tuning fork” vibration that can be associated with undersized fork mounts. An improved Super HD Tripod supports the Celestron CGE Pro mount. This fully extendable tripod is made from the finest 2.75” stainless steel and can be raised to a height of 55”. The tripod uses a dual leg support for maximum rigidity with an upper leg brace to provide an outward preload and a lower leg brace providing inward tension.
Balance – The Celestron CGE Pro 1400 can easily be balanced in both axes. Simply sliding the counterweight for Right Ascension and moving the optical tube along its dovetail mounting for Declination accomplishes balancing the weight of camera equipment and other visual accessories. This means that no additional weight needs to be added to balance the telescope when additional accessories are added.
Clearance – The Celestron CGE Pro mount supports the tubes at a single contact point allowing the tube to move freely around its polar axis without making contact with the telescope’s mount. Software features allow the user to set the mounts slew limits to guaranty safe motion. This is particularly useful when adding photographic and CCD instruments that extend from the rear of the telescopes.
Flexibility - All CGE mounted telescopes are compatible with Celestron’s CN-16 GPS accessory. Combine the GPS and built-in real time clock and these telescopes will keep track and remember their exact location and time without having to enter the information into the hand control. With a maximum payload of 90 lbs. the CGE Pro mount is able to hold the telescope more securely even when fully loaded with all your imaging gear. Improved gearing and motors provide faster slew speeds than ever before with a maximum slew rate of over 5°/per second.
Alignment - No-Tool polar alignment with larger hand knobs for both Altitude and Azimuth adjustments are only where it begins with the Celestron CGE Pro 1400. Thanks to technological advancements in the All-Star software, all you have to do is choose any bright alignment star for a software assisted alignment of the mounts polar axis that will have you ready for imaging even if you can't see the North Star.
Tracking - The hallmark of any telescope mount is its ability to find, center and track celestial objects with the highest degree of accuracy. With larger .75" pitch diameter worm, precision made cut-steel gears in gearboxes, and seven slot skewed armature motors the CGE Pro delivers typical tracking performance of +-9 arc seconds, which can be further reduced with the mounts permanent periodic error correction (PPEC). Extended tracking pass the Meridian of up to 20 degrees of uninterrupted imaging through the best part of the sky.
The CGE Pro 1400 Fastar Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is part of Celestron's "Top-of-the-Line" computerized German Equatorial mounted astronomical telescopes. It is the most portable of the three size models and comes mounted on Celestron's CGE Pro EQ mount. This telescope is especially at home as a solid platform for long exposure photography with optional CCD cameras or photographic equipment. With 14 inches of aperture and our premium StarBright XLT coatings, the CGE Pro 1400 gives you over 2579 times the light gathering power than the unaided eye. As a visual instrument you can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and you can see hundreds of other equally interesting NGC, IC and Caldwell objects. Turn this scope to the planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini's Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach.
Celestron CGE Pro 1400 Fastar-Compatible Telescope Features
- 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings and CGE PRO computerized Equatorial mount.
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the "mirror flop" typical of bushing focus mechanisms.
- Included is a heavy duty stainless steel tripod that's adjustable from 38 - 55", a 9X50 finderscope to help accurately find objects and a 2" star diagonal to provide a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology offers a 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects. Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
- All-Star Polar Alignment routine is for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres and Software Features include: Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five alignment methods and user-defined slew limits.
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display NexRemote Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features. Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet.
- High quality drive motors with seven slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for improved tracking precision while the 12VDC Servo Motors come with integrated optical encoders
- Precision worm drive system - .75" pitch dia. precision made steel worm preloaded with two .87" OD ball bearings to minimize run-out (a source of periodic error). 255 tooth 6" pitch dia. precision made worm wheel with enveloping brass teeth. Permanent programmable periodic error correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives. Spring loaded DEC worm minimizes backlash and makes guiding easy.
- Bearing and Shaft - Main shafts are made from 1.57" diameter steel tubing with .40" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axes and the 4 point RA and DEC clutch system mean no-slip pointing precision. Latitude range: 10° to 65° northern or southern hemispheres.
- Autoguide port, PC port and auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography. RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer and includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control. GPS-compatible with optional CN16 GPS Accessory.
Celestron Product Number: 11089
- Additional Information
SKU CE-11089 UPC Code 050234110891 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron CGE Pro Optical Design Schmidt-Cassegrain Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 14" Telescope Focal Ratio f/11 Telescope Focal Length 3910mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 15.2 Highest Useful Magnification 840x Optical Coatings Celestron XLT Tube Color or Finish Celestron Grey Optical Tube Outer Diameter Not provided by manufacturer Length of Optical Tube 31" Optical Tube Weight 45 lbs. Mount Weight 75 lbs. Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Diagonal Included? Yes - 2" Star Diagonal Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 40mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter CD ROMs Included NexRemote Counterweights Included (3) 22 lbs. Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, Last Alignment Used, Quick Align, Solar System Align Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000 objects OTA Mount Type CGE Dovetail Tripod Type Included Extra Large Heavy Duty Total Telescope Weight 243 lbs.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Excellent Telescope
My department purchased two of these telescopes. They track and point exceptionally well as we've had better results with them than we have with a larger aperture telescope made by a competitor, and this with them still being on tripods and the larger scope on a permanent pier. The only issue that we've really had is in using our Apogee Alta U16 camera on the telescope. Between the camera, guidescope, and dew shield, 110-pounds of counterweight has to be used to balance the system, and that barely fits on the counterweight arm that comes with the telescope.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- Celestron 14" Fastar Compatible Optical Tube Assembly
- CGE Pro Mount
- Heavy duty 2.75" Aluminum Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- NexStar Control
- PPEC (Permanent Periodic Error Compensation)
- 2" Visual Back
- RS-232 Cable
- RS-232 Port
- 2" Star Diagonal
- 1.25" Adapter
- 40mm Eyepiece
- 9X50 Finderscope
- Car Battery Adapter
- Drive Motors
- Three 22 lb. Counterweights
- Dust Caps
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts