The CPC Deluxe 800 HD is a superb and remarkably portable visual instrument or, with optional wedge and CCD cameras, as a serious astrophotographer's tool!
Celestron - CPC Deluxe 800 HD Telescope - 8" EdgeHD on GoTo Alt-Az Mount
Although large in aperture, with its conveniently located carrying handles and an optical tube weight, with forks attached of 43 lbs., the Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 HD is portable enough to set up in your backyard or take with you to your favorite dark sky location. The CPC Deluxe feature Celestron's remarkable Edge HD optics. The Edge HD design is a modified Schmidt-Cassegrain which creates an extremely flat field of view, ideal for astrophotography.
The Celestron CPC Deluxe mount uses an internal GPS receiver that automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude, and latitude. Once the internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3, thanks to Celestron's Sky-Align technology! Simply use the CPC Deluxe hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars — you may even pick the moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar(R) software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once your Celestron CPC telescope is aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
The CPC Deluxe Mount ...
The Celestron CPC Deluxe database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects and the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). The Identify feature tells you what you're looking at with your Celestron CPC Deluxe, but it can also be a very fun way to tour around the sky. Just point the telescope up somewhere and ask it to identify Messier objects (for instance) and it will show you the 5 nearest Messier objects to your position and let you GOTO them.
Celestron Edge HD Optics...
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as “astrograph” quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. Edge HD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Celestron - CPC Deluxe 800 Telescope Features
- The Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 HD telescope is an 8" aberration-free, modified Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings on a fully computerized dual fork arm altazimuth mount.
- Proven NexStar computer control technology includes 40,000 object database with 400 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects.
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms.
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics offer a quieter, smoother ride than ever before. Constant power is delivered to the drives as well allowing the telescope to perform even when not perfectly balanced.
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process and 9X50 optical finderscope is also included.
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet including the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment.
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location and included star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky.
- Permanent PEC and convenient remote hand control holder that allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope.
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider and NexRemote telescope control software with rs-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
Celestron Product Number: 11009
- Additional Information
SKU CE-11007 UPC Code 050234110075 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron CPC Deluxe HD Optical Design Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Mount Type Alt-Azimuth - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 8" Telescope Focal Ratio f/10 Telescope Focal Length 2032mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14 Highest Useful Magnification 480x Optical Coatings Celestron XLT Tube Color or Finish Celestron Oyster Pearl Optical Tube Outer Diameter Not provided by manufacturer Length of Optical Tube Not provided by manufacturer Optical Tube Weight N/A Mount Weight N/A Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Diagonal Included? Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 40mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter GPS Included? Yes CD ROMs Included NexRemote Counterweights Included N/A Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, SkyAlign, Solar System Align Tracking Modes Alt-Azimuth, EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000 objects OTA Mount Type Dual Fork Arms Tripod Type Included Adjustable with Steel Legs Total Telescope Weight 43 lbs.
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Very happy I Upgraded
I owner the Celestron CPC 800, and 1100 and then went back down to the 800. The optic on these scopes is good, but 3 week ago I traded in my cpc 800 for a Celestron cpc 800 deluxe edge hd. This is by far the best scope I've ever own very good optic, I've been able to look at jupiter and see the big red spot and I could easily magnetify the images over 200 power. I saw details I have never seen threw my others scopes, I'm look forward too many years of pleasure, and I can't wait to see what else I can see.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- The Best I've seen
I love this scope it is a very well put together piece of equipment. I've only owned the cpc deluxe a litte over a week, but I will tell you it delivers as advertised. I saw the planet jupiter in sharp detail, in fact I saw the red spot with ease for the first time ever in this scope without a problem. I look forward to many years of please with this scope, it very user friendly and well engineered.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- Celestron 8" f/10 CPC Deluxe Telescope Assembly
- Heavy Duty Tripod with Accessory Tray
- NexStar Hand Controller
- 1.25" 40mm Eyepiece
- 1.25" Star Diagonal
- 9x50 Finderscope and Quick Release Bracket
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software
- RS-232 Cable
- 1.25" Visual Back
- Car Battery Adapter
- Instruction Manual
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts