Celestron NexStar 4SE Telescope with XLT Coatings
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the Celestron NexStar 4SE telescope combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior coatings, Celestron's revolutionary SkyAlign telescope alignment software, and much more. With the Celestron NexStar SE telescopes, you are in the driver's seat. Simply choose an object from the menu and the telescope will find it for you. Using Celestron's patented NexStar technology, the SE scopes have the ability to locate nearly 40,000 objects. All you have to do is look through the eyepiece and enjoy the view!
The days of complicated telescope assembly and setup are over. The NexStar 4SE telescope can be set up in a matter of minutes with no tools required. Using Celestron's patented SkyAlign, simply input the date, time, and location into the hand control, then point the telescope at any three bright celestial objects and the telescope does the rest. You do not need to know the names of the stars...you can even pick the Moon or a bright planet!
Celestron Nexstar 4SE Telescope Tour
Don't know what object to choose? Let the intelligent Celestron NexStar 4SE telescope give you a guided tour of the night sky! The "Tour" feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location...anywhere in the world. Not only can your NexStar SE telescope find objects, it can teach you about them as well. Information on the most popular objects can be viewed in the LCD screen of your hand control. Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a Celestron NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.
Celestron NextStar 4SE - 4" f/13 Maksutov-Cassegrain GoTo Telescope Features
- Computerized hand control with a database of nearly 40,000 objects and a motorized altazimuth mount and quick release optical tube for easy, no-tool set-up.
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright objects, for a fast and easy alignment process and StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects.
- Flash upgradeable hand control; update your telescope's operating software via the Internet including the latest firmware for All-Star polar alignment.
- All NexStar SE models are GPS-compatible and come standard with an auxiliary port for use with additional accessories.
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use and includes NexRemote telescope control software for advanced control of your telescope via your computer.
- "THE SKY" Planetarium software - with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps, and enhanced images.
- Computerized Hand Control: Double line 16 character, liquid crystal display, 19 LED backlit buttons and a database of 40,000 Objecst, 400 User defined programmable objects, and enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Variable nine rate slewing speeds, RS-232, Auxillary and Camera Control Ports and well as Sidereal, Solar and Lunar tracking rates.
Celestron Product Number: 11049
The Celestron Nexstar SE telescopes also feature the following:
- Additional Information
SKU CE-11049 UPC Code 050234110495 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron Nexstar SE Optical Design Maksutov-Cassegrain Mount Type Alt-Azimuth - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 4" Telescope Focal Ratio f/13 Telescope Focal Length 1325mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 12.5 Highest Useful Magnification 241x Optical Coatings Celestron XLT Tube Color or Finish Celestron Classic Orange Optical Tube Outer Diameter Not provided by manufacturer Length of Optical Tube 13.5" Optical Tube Weight Not provided by manufacturer Mount Weight N/A Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Diagonal Included? Yes - 1.25" Star Diagonal Finder Included Red Dot Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 25mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included None - Requires AA Batteries CD ROMs Included The Sky Level 1, NexRemote Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, SkyAlign, Solar System Align Tracking Modes Alt-Azimuth, EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000 objects OTA Mount Type Single Arm Tripod Type Included Adjustable with Steel Legs Total Telescope Weight 11 lbs.
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- So far so good
I was able to put together the Telescope and install the software on my laptop. Because of the season we have not been able to test it yet. The Telescope came with a RS 232 Cable I had to buy a cable from RS 232 to a USB to link to my laptop. I think there should have been a USB instead of RS 232. I am a total novice when it comes to Telescopes since this is my first. I expect to start using it when the warmer weather comes. It is January in North Carolina. Right now I would give it 4 stars. If it does everything it is supposed to do when I get it set up outside I will give it 5 stars. I also purchased the Celestron camera to plan do some astro photography. I am very computer literate since I am a retired Software Engineer. I have always had an interest in Astronomy and want to share this new hobby with my wife.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- NexStar 4SE
Just unboxed the scope this evening and tried it out. Purchased for my nine year old son. Very simple to set up and use. Much easier than my Meade LXD55 w/8 SCT. But then it certainly does not show the dim stuff as well. So far, though, I'm quite impressed.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- 4" Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
- 25mm Eyepiece
- Quick Release Tube Clamp
- StarPointer Finderscope
- CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software
- Flash Upgradeable Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with Backlit LED
- NexRemote Telescope Control Software
- RS-232 For Computer Connection
- SkyAlign Alignment Software
- Accessory Tray
- Celestron Two Year Limited Warranty
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsIf all goes as planned I will purchase this model or one more advanced wishing several months from now. I do not have a laptop computer but do have an iPad. Will I be able to operate this telescope using the iPad or better yet without it?Question by: Saul Frommer on Jul 20, 2016 11:59:00 AMYou can do both, but you need an optional WiFi accessory and the Celestron Sky Portal app to use your iPad. The telescope comes with a hand controller whose computer will move the telescope to over 4000 objects in the sky, so no external device is required to use the telescope besides power from batteries or an external power supply.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on Jul 20, 2016 5:05:00 PMI live I New Mexico and want to learn the stars. However I am old and cannot sit outdoors at night. Is there a system that will allow me to set up the scope - align it - and then use my iPad/iMac etc to display the result?
Question by: Charles Feikding on Oct 7, 2015 4:13:00 PMHi Charles,
We have two solutions to your question. First the Star Sense Alignment camera will do the alignment for
you. It has a camera that takes several images of the sky and aligns the scope for you. Also, there
are a couple different options available for the cameras. I will contact you. Thanks..
SteveAnswer by: Steve Thornton (Admin) on Oct 8, 2015 10:52:00 AM
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts