If you're tired of messing around with equatorial mounts that just can't handle your observing and imaging requirements, the Losmandy GM-8 is definitely worth a look. This heavy-duty mount is machined of aluminum and stainless steel, and sports all stainless steel hardware.
Losmandy GM8 Equatorial Mount; No Tripod
The Losmandy GM8 will handle a load capacity of 30 pounds. Below you'll find specifications on the GM-8 mount itself.
Losmandy GM-8 Specifications...
- R.A./DEC Axis: All machined aluminum and stainless steel, black anodized.
- All stainless steel hardware.
- One 2.100" diameter needle thrust bearing. One 2.000" diameter needle thrust bearing. Two 1.500" diameter needle bearings.
- 2.812" diameter, 7075 aluminum worm gear, 180 tooth.
- Dual supported, ball bearing housed stainless steel worm-heat treated and ground.
- Variable slip clutch, both axes. One knob design.
- 1.250" diameter aluminum shafts.
- Fully locking, unique tangent arm design altitude adjustment, 0-64 degrees, large knob for easy alignment.
- Laser engraved latitude scale in 2 degree increments.
- Single knob azimuth control, bi-directional +/- 8.5 degrees.
- 3.500" diameter laser engraved setting circles 6 minute R.A. / 2 degrees DEC. R.A. circle engraved for Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
- Porter slip ring design.
- 160 oz/in stepper motor, 1.0 arc sec. step.
- Spit Dovetail saddle-plate design. Accepts Losmandy "D" series dovetail plates. Dovetail plate drops in and locks allowing for interchanging of any tube assembly, reducing the need for DEC weights.
- Removable stainless steel weight shaft w/safety knob.
- 7 lb counterweight. Optional 11 lb and 21 lb. extra counterweights available.
- Through the axis polar scope, works in Northern and Southern hemisphere. Polar scope optional.
- Instrument weight capacity 30 lbs.
- Equatorial head weight 21 lbs.
- Dual-Axis Electronics: Diamond push button pattern.
- R.A. and DEC. reversing switches.
- Three guiding rates - 30%, 50% and 2x sidereal rate.
- Three setting rates - 4x, 8x, 16x sidereal rate and super fast 32x HST (high speed transfer).
- Quartz tracking rates: sidereal, solar, lunar, king.
- Periodic Error Correction (PEC).
- Programmable DEC. Backlash Compensation (TVC).
- Control panel dimmer.
- Accepts auto-guider systems.
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere operation.
- 12 volt DC - 500ma power use.
- Tiltable control panel for easy access.
- Small hand control box for comfortable use.
- All heights are to top of tripod. Add 9" @ 34 degrees to center of Dec.-R.A. junction. Add 6" from Dec.-R.A. junction to top of saddle.
- Additional Information
SKU LO-GM8S-LT Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? No GPS Included? No Electronics Included Computerized - GoTo Manufacturer Losmandy
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsI have a G11 folding tripod with MA that is doing nothing in it's open box. The mount is in my observatory on a pier. Is the tripod compatible with the G8?
- Support / Downloads