Polarie Star Tracker w/ Sturdier Tripod
Introducing the Vixen Polarie Star Tracker for Astrophotography! Now you can easily capture beautiful night sky images using this solid, compact mount platform.
The Polarie fixes directly to a standard camera tripod for intuitive setup. Accepts any digital camera weighing up to 4.4 lb. Use the included compass or an optional polar scope for alignment. The Polarie comes with a North Star alignment window you can use to help locate Polaris. From here the Polarie tracks in accordance with the motion of the stars to eradicate "star trailing" on your images, giving you sharper photographs of the Universe as a result. The Polarie uses extremely precise stepping motors and performs on two "AA" batteries.
With its smooth, attractive design, the Polarie is made to be compact and stylish as well as functional. Does not have any noticeable screws. The Polarie is also designed to operate in most weather conditions despite not being waterproof.
Vixen Polarie Star Tracker Features...
- Type: Star Tracker
- Tracking Modes: Celestial tracking rate, 1/2 celestial tracking rate, solar tracking rate (mean solar time), lunar tracking rate (mean lunar time). Functional in both the northern and southern hemispheres.
- Wheel Gear: 57.6mm diameter aluminum alloy axis with full circle 144-tooth
- Worm Gear: 9mm diameter high tension brass
- Bearings: Two parts
- Drive: Stepper Motor
- Maximum loading capacity: 7 lb.
- Polar Sight Hole: Approximately 8.9º field of view
- Standard Accessory: Compass
- Working Voltage: (2) AA batteries: DC 2.4 ~ 3.0V; External Power Supply: DC 4.4 ~ 5.25V
- Operation Period: Approximately 4 hours at 20ºC (68ºF) with a 3.3 lb. load using alkaline batteries.
- Dimensions: 3.7" x 5.9" x 2.3" (95mm x 137mm x 58mm)
- Weight: 1.4 lb. excluding batteries
Vixen Product Number: 35517