Pier Tech Tele-Station 2 Roll-Off Roof Observatory
Don't have the real estate to build a full size observatory? Need a structure to keep your astronomy equipment safe and protected from the elements, yet allow fast viewing access? If you answered "YES" to these questions, then we have the solution for you. Tele-Station Roll Off Roof Observatories...with features that leaves other available roll off roof designs in the dust.
Unlike other roll-off roof observatories, the Tele-Station can be totally disassembled and re-assembled in the event that you have to relocate it. It's asy installation... the walls and roof bolt together using one (1) tool, a supplied Allen wrench. The Pier Tech Tele-Station Observatory has a unique roof design. The aluminum roof comes in 5 sections, and has overlapping seams for a complete waterproof design. No permanent roller track supports here, Pier Tech observatories have extendable track supports that roll out with the roof making it more aesthetically pleasing. What's more, the Tele-Station can be operated as a fully remote observatory system with the PT2 or PT3 along with the Pier Tech Auto-Telestation Software from up to 200 feet away.
Step right inside... With the use of our patented height-adjustable pier, you can raise the telescope to view above the Tele-Station wall. This allows unobstructed views from the horizon to the zenith in all directions. Unlike a dome, the Tele-Station does not require complex motors and electronics to move the roof as the telescope follows the sky. The design permits an unobstructed view of the sky for naked eye observations and wide field piggyback astrophotography. And there's even more... The Tele-Station reaches thermal equilibrium faster than a dome, and does not create a chimney effect as hot air rises out the open slit of the dome.
Pier Tech Tele-Station 2 Roll-Off Roof Observatory Features
- All-aluminum construction with aluminum panels making it 100% corrosion-resistant and maintenance-free; no painting or staining required... ever!
- Aluminum panels are available in 12 colors, standard.
- Roof is white for low heat absorption, with optional color choice.
- Lockable, keeping your astronomy equipment safe.
- Do-it-yourself installation. You don't need to hire a contractor to construct this home observatory. Installation is a snap due to the modular design.
- The Tele-Station can also be operated manually or with a motorized option.
- Can be anchored to any type of floor with our supplied anchoring system.
- Just tell us what type of telescope and mount you have, and we will take care of the rest!
Pier Tech Product Number: TS2-7X
Customer Note: This Tele-Station's internal dimensions measure 7' x 7' x 6'H. Considerations you will want to ponder include the addition of the remote software package and/or the roof motor/controller, as well as the color of your Tele-Station. Look at the chart in the additional images section, when you place your order, make sure to let your salesperson know. Shipping charges will be calculated for you once all your options have been decided. Your Tele-Station will come by truck, but of course charges depend on your location and the size of the crate needed. Pier-Tech requires a 50% deposit at the time of order, and the balance will be due before shipment. Normal wait time is 90 days from date of order, but we will let you know a more exact time frame once your order is ready to be placed with the manufacturer. That about does it! If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us. Thanks!