Vixen SXD2 w/ Starbook 10 w/o Tripod
Vixen has reworked the design and manufacture of its innovative SXD Mount. The new SXD2 Mount has a greater loading capacity and is more rigid enabling a more steady platform for astrophotography. The quieter Stepping motors ensure you of smooth, quiet slewing with quick response to commands.
The new Star Book Ten, available previously on the SXP Mount, features an intuitive Star Chart Go-To System on a high definition LCD Screen. Features include night vision screen, hibernate mode, VPEC and PPEC, and optional built in autoguider.
Increased Loading Capacity: Both the RA and DEC Axes are made of sturdy steel with brass wheel gears. This enables the mount to carry loads of up to 50 lbs (including counterweights) for astrophotography.
Smooth RA and DEC Movement: The inside of the new SXD2 is very different from the previous SX Mounts. Bearings have been added to the shafts of t he RA and DEC axes and the screw gear shafts. The worm screw gears are inspected for strict concentricity and are lapped in the whole-circle for smooth movement.
Polar Axis Scope Specifications
Built-in 6x20mm scope, FOV 8° , Bubble Level, Illuminated Reticle, Setting accuracy within 3 minutes, Time Graduation Circle: 10 minute increments between 16h and 8h (the following day) Date Graduation Circle: 2 day increments Meridian Offset Circle: Adjustable between E20° and W20° in 5° increments Northern Hemisphere: Polaris pattern with reticle (Applicable to year 2025) Southern Hemisphere: Octantal 4 stars pattern with reticle
SXD2 Mount Specifications
- RA Slow Motion: Worm and Wheel Gears 180 Tooth whole circle movement
- DEC Slow Motion: Worm and Wheel Gears 180 Tooth whole circle movement
- RA Display: On screen STAR BOOK TEN , 0.1 minute increments
- DEC Display: On screen STAR BOOK TEN , 0.1 arc minute increments
- Polar Axis Scope: SX Polar Axis Scope (pre-installed)
- Altitude Adjustment: 0 to 70°, separated by 3 zones for fine adjustment w/ tangent screws (+- 15°)
- Go-To Controller: STAR BOOK TEN, 1200x max slewing speed
- Power Source: DC12V, 0.4 to 1.7A
- Power Connecting Terminal: DC12V EIAJ RC5320A Class 4
- Dimensions: 36cmx 36cmx 12 cm
- Weight: 19.3 lbs (excluding counterweights) Counterweights: 4.2lb and 8.15 lb
Manufacturer Product Number: 25101-SXD2
- Additional Information
SKU VX-25101-SXD2 Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? No GPS Included? No Electronics Included Computerized - GoTo Manufacturer Vixen Warranty 5 Year Warranty Hand Controller Included Vixen Starbook 10 # of Counterweights Included 2 Weight of Counterweights 4.2lb and 8.15 lb Mount Special Features Integrated Bubble Level Saddle Width V Series Weight Capacity 50lbs (excluding counterweights) Power Supply Included DC Battery Adapter Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Latitude Range n/a Weight of Head 19.3 lbs
- Included Items
- Vixen SXD2 w/ Starbook 10 w/o Tripod
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads