This top-of-the-line mount can handle almost twice the weight of the GP2, while keeping the GP2's compact appearance. Performance exceeds that of the GP2, through the use of ridged material and higher precision machining. Periodic motion is abated by the use of durable steel on both axis and the precise R.A. worm gear -- machined to twice the accuracy found on the capable GP2 mount.
Vixen Great Polaris Deluxe (GP-D2) Equatorial Mount with HAL-130 Tripod
Dual altitude adjustment knobs ease the way to pointing heavier telescopes toward the north celestial pole. Bubble-level, fine adjustment knobs for altitude/azimuth , and two counterweights (3.7kg & 1.9kg) are standard. Optional motor-drives and controller make this your complete solution for long-exposure astrophotography.
Vixen Great Polaris Deluxe (GP-D2) Mount Specifications:
- R.A. Micro-Movement Axis: Whole Circle Movement 144-Tooth Worm Gears
- Declination Micro-Movement Axis: Whole Circle Movement 144-Tooth Worm Gears
- R.A. & Declination Circles: Supplied. R.A. Graduation is 10' increment, Declination Graduation is 2-degree increment
- Optional Polar Axis Scope: For Northern & Southern Hemispheres. 6 X 20mm 8-degree detachable, with illuminator, 3' polar alignment accuracy possible
- Azimuth Fine Adjustment: Adjustment Knobs
- Polar Axis Altitude Adjustment: 0-62 degree adjustment knobs
- Motor Drive: Optional
- Bubble Level: Supplied
- Maximum Load Weight: Approximately 30 lbs
- Weight: 18.7 lbs. (8.5kg), not including counterweights.
- Manual Clutch: If you wish to have manual slow-motion control for your RA or DEC axis, then you will need to add at least one manual clutch to your order. Add two if you want dual-axis manual slow-motion control. Remember, the manual clutch works whether or not you have motors on your mount, so you can decide to have no manual slow motion control, manual slow motion control only, or manual slow motion control in conjunction with motors.
- MT-1 Motors: Add one motor if you want automatic tracking on your RA drive only. Add two motors if you want both your RA and Dec to track automatically. Remember, if you also want to have manual slow-motion control on either axis, you will need to order a manual clutch for either or both.
- Finally, if you want to control your motors (important for photography), you will need to add the SD-1 (single-axis) or DD-1 (dual-axis) drive corrector.
Vixen Product Number: 3991HAL130
- Additional Information
SKU VX-3991HAL130 Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? Yes GPS Included? No Electronics Included None/ Manual Manufacturer Vixen Warranty 5 Year Warranty Hand Controller Included None - Optional Available # of Counterweights Included 2 Weight of Counterweights (1) 4.2 lb. (1) 8.15 lb. Tracking Rates Lunar, Sidereal, Solar Objects in Database N/A Mount Special Features Integrated Bubble Level Saddle Width V Series Weight Capacity 35 lbs. Leg Length 31.9" - 51.2" Accessory Tray Included? Yes Material Aluminum Power Supply Included None - Does Not Require Power Tracking Modes No Latitude Range 0º - 62º Weight of Tripod/Monopod Not provided by manufacturer Weight of Head 18.7 lbs.
- Included Items
- Great Polaris Deluxe (GP-D2) Mount
- Vixen Polar Axis scope with illuminator
- HAL-130 Tripod
- Bubble Level
- 1-3.7kg & 1-1.9kg Counterweight
- Instruction Manual
- Questions & Answers
I have a new ES 127 triplet refractor. With an eyepiece and Finder the total weight is about 24 pounds. Can this mount handle that with aplomb? No astrophotography. I know the listed capacity for the mount is 30 lbs. but I've known mounts to have an actual capacity lower than stated. Also, can it still come in that nice Vixen sea green color?Question by: Mark Teran on May 15, 2016 10:21:00 PMThis mount will absolutely handle a 24 lb, 127mm refractor for visual with no issues. 30 lbs is the photographic weight limit on the SVD2 and is conservative for visual use. Like most Japanese companies, they tend to be conservative when rating their mounts, meaning the mount will be stable and handle well at the stated numbers for capacity.
Unfortunately, Vixen phased out the green color on their mounts more than a decade ago in favor of the current color scheme and they do not currently offer any other paint job.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on May 16, 2016 10:53:00 AMI have an Mak-Newt OTA setup which comes in just under 30lb. Could the GPD2 handle handle that kind of weight? I'm looking for a non-powered manual rig for visual use.
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts