The state-of-the-art Takahashi EM-500 Temma II mount has a tracking accuracy that is guaranteed to +/- 3.5 arc seconds without periodic error correction and it runs off of 24V DC. The EM-500 Temma II slews at 560X the Sidereal rate. The Temma II GoTo System can be operated via The Sky, Level IV software (and more) and is closed-loop. This means that the telescope can be moved manually without restarting the GoTo system. The mount can also be operated in manual (non-GoTo) mode without connecting to a computer and dual-axis tracking is available in this mode.
Takahashi EM-500 Temma II Equatorial Mount
The self-contained illuminated polar finder is accurate to two arc minutes of the pole. Autoguider and CCD cables are available for most CCD cameras including serial, RJ-11, and USB connectors. Main gears are phosphor-bronze with matching poly-steel worms for greater accuracy and durability vs. aluminum & stainless steel. New, precision micro-stepping motors provide high durabilty with softer pulse-peaks for better imaging. No need for servos and variable-voltage systems that reduce longevity.
Despite being observatory quality, there's no need to hide the Takahashi EM-500 Temma II indoors. It can be easily installed on a portable pier and polar aligned in just minutes thanks to the intergrated polar finder, easy balance and precision of this system. This rock solid mount is capable of taking on large OTAs and your most demanding astrophotography applications!
Specifications for Takahashi EM-500 Mount
- Type German Equatorial Mount
- R.A. slow-motion Motor driven
- DEC. slow-motion Motor driven
- Azimuth adjustments ± 15° (rotary base plate supplied)
- Elevation adjustments 1° to 50°
- Polar finder / Accuracy Built-in / 2'
- R.A. setting circles accuracy 10" DEC. setting circles accuracy 2°
- Encoders Supplied
- Weight 45 kg
- Counterweights 2 x 10.5 kg
- Maximum loading capacity 45 kg (without counterweight)
- Optimum loading capacity 30 kg (without counterweight)
- Operating voltage 12V / 24V DC
- Power consumption @12VDC : 0.52A (NS, sidereal rate and tracking speeds) ; 1.4A (HS, pointing speed) @24VDC : 0.39A (NS, sidereal rate and tracking speeds) ; 1.55A (HS, pointing speed)
- Tube mouting With TMP0210 or TFK2210 plates, 2 x M8 screws (35mm)
- Mounting capacities Tube rings, plates and dovetail mounting plates
- R.A. axis diameter (material) 50 mm (bronze)
- R.A. worm gear shaft diameter (material) 25 mm (iron)
- R.A. gear diameter (material) 149 mm/144 teeth (bronze)
- DEC. axis diameter (material) 50 mm (aluminium)
- DEC. worm gear shaft diameter(material) 25 mm (brass)
- DEC. gear diameter (material) 149 mm/144 teeth (bronze)
- Type Temma-2
- Stepper motor accuracy 115 pps
- Slow motion speeds R.A. : 0.1x to 1.9x sidereal rate
- Dec. : ± 1.5' to; 13.5' (by increment of 1.5'/sec)
- High speed mode @12V. : 260x sidereal rate (R.A. and DEC.) @24V. : 520x sidereal rate (R.A. and DEC.)
- Worm gear shaft cycle 10 minutes
- Tracking accuracy ± 3.5"
- Autoguiding SBIG compatible (with mini-DIN PS2 connector)
- PC connectivity RS-232 serial port (with S-VHS to DB-9 cable, supplied)
Please don't forget... The tripod or pier is optional!
- Additional Information
SKU TK-TSM7100 Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? No GPS Included? No Electronics Included Motorized - Dual Drive Manufacturer Takahashi Warranty 5 Year Warranty Hand Controller Included Takahashi Advanced Temma Computerized # of Counterweights Included 2 Weight of Counterweights 23 lbs. Tracking Rates No Objects in Database N/A Saddle Width Takahashi Weight Capacity 120 lbs. Leg Length N/A Material N/A Power Supply Included AC Wall Adapter Tracking Modes No Latitude Range 1° - 50° Weight of Head 99.2 lbs.
- Included Items
- Takahashi EM-500 Temma II Equatorial Mount
- (2) 10KG Counterweights
- Shaft Encoders
- Drive Motors
- Polar Finder
- Hand Controller
- Power Cable
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsQuestion by: Jay Nadaf on Sep 3, 2014 4:07:37 PMWithin certain limits. The Temma-2M controlled mounts have no innate hardware or software safety stops to prevent damage if the mount slews into itself, and there are no absolute encoders or absolute home position, so if power is lost the mount will have to be manually re-aligned. You can download an ASCOM driver that incorporates a home position from the Takahashi Yahoo group, but you will need to use TheSkyX or some other ASCOM compatible planetarium software and them make sure you have a good battery backup system so that you can send the scope back to the home position in case an emergency shutdown is necessary. As long as you can maintain power to the mount when you want it and cut the power remotely when you do not, you can use the Temma 2/2M mounts remotely, but care must be taken in setup.Answer by: Chris (Admin) on Sep 8, 2014 4:45:00 AM
- Support / Downloads