Parallax Instruments HD150C-O Computerized German Equatorial Mount - Observatory ModelParallax also offers the larger German Equatorials with the Astro-Physics GTO Computer System. With its exceptional accuracy and stability, this control system will satisfy the most demanding amateur and professional requirements. The features of the GTO System enables any celestial object to be located and tracked for hours with arc second accuracy. The new optional DigitalSky Voice system can easily be coupled to the GTO System.
The HD 150C and HD 200C are designed to be completely self contained systems. No additional hardware or software is required. All system controls are contained in the hand held keypad including the vacuum fluorescent display. The 7.15" x 4.1" x 1" controller incorporates laboratory accuracy electronics and self explanatory software.
The polar and declination housings of the HD 150C and HD 200C are precision machined out of type 6061 aluminum bar to exacting tolerances; so important to the demanding performance required of a computer controlled instrument. Large thrust surfaces and close coupling of the declination to polar housing junction assures strength and rapid vibration dampening.
Parallax Instruments HD150C-O Computerized German Equatorial Mount- Observatory Model Features
- 2.00" dia. stainless steel shafts in RA and DEC
- Head breaks down in seconds into 2 light-weight sub-assemblies for easy transport
- 9" dia. Byers "Starmaster" gears in both RA and DEC with mating stainless steel worm for extremely low periodic error - gears are gold anodized
- Precision spur gear reduction system (far superior to belt driven reduction systems)
- Easily adjustable fluted clutch tensioning knobs - polished aluminum finish (gold clear-coat finish optional)
- Detachable stainless steel Declination counterweight shaft with safety stop
- Precision Timken tapered roller bearings
- 8" dia. 7075 solid aluminum thrust surfaces
- Micrometric altitude and azimuth adjustment devices
- Fully enclosed worm gears
- Fully adjustable worm to worm wheel mesh mechanism
- Choice of 16" long flat aluminum saddleplate or Losmandy dovetail saddleplate
- (1) 33 lb. machined counterweight with brass locking pin
- Advanced dual axis 12 VDC servo motor drive system results in exceptionally quiet, smooth, and reliable operation
- Optional 10" dia., reinforced portable aluminum pier with heavy duty pier legs, bubble level, and levelers.
Breaks down in seconds for easy transport. (Please specify pier height)
- Beautiful, durable, dark metallic gray, acrylic enamel finish. Gloss black or gloss white available optionally.
- Recommended payload: approx. 160 lbs.
- Weight of equatorial head: approx. 85 lbs. (breaks down into 2 sub-assemblies)
- Handheld keypad controller with red backlit alphanumeric keypad and red 4 line by 20 character data display
- (4) Drive rates; King, Sidereal, Lunar, and Solar
- Guiding/Correcting rates: .25x, .5x, 1x, 12x, 64x
- Rapid slewing rates up to 1200x (5 degrees per second) - depending on equipment load
- Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD) has greater temperature range than LCD displays
- Directional N-S-E-W keys provide immediate response when you wish to center an object or cruise the surface of the moon
- R.A. and Declination reversal for correct object orientation and movement in the eyepiece
- PEM-Permanent Error Memory correction. Make your correction just once. Remains in memory permanently.
- Declination backlash control
- Stores 3 observing site locations
- Specify safety zone so that tripod or pier does not interfere with telescope during slewing operation
- Quick and easy two-star polar alignment routine
- Adjust brightness of the reticle output for your illuminated guiding eyepiece
- Automatic meridian swapping in the go-to slewing mode
- Continues to track at the sidereal rate even while slewing so that your position is always accurate
- More than 17,000 objects in the extensive databases: Messier (110), NGC (7840), IC (5386), ADS double stars (215), Abell galaxy clusters (2715), calibration stars by common name (300), Greek star names by constellation (1053), common objects (100), planets (8), Moon and Sun
- Enter catalog or common star number, solar system object, RA/DEC coordinates or common name of object; press GO TO and your telescope will automatically slew to the object. Search and tour functions assist you in planning your observing session.
- Display will indicate if object is below the horizon and cancel the slewing request
- STOP button to cancel your slewing request when the telescope is already moving
- Display information about objects; object type and magnitude
- Timer will let you know when the exposure time of the astrophoto is complete
- Two 9 pin RS 232 serial ports (DB9 female connectors) on mount control panel so that user can use DigitalSky Voice and Software Bisque's TheSky software simultaneously if desired. The user must also have two COM ports available on their personal computer.
- Plug-in for SBIG ST-4, ST-6, St-7 and ST-8 Star Tracker/Imaging systems or any CCD with modular RJ-11 connector
- Locking plug connections for all cables
Parallax Instruments Product Number: HD150C-O
Customer Note: There is an approximate 2-3 month lead time and orders require a 50% deposit - price does not include shipping charges. Once your order is placed, OPT will contact you with availability dates and shipping charges.
- Additional Information
SKU PA-HD150C-O Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? No GPS Included? No Electronics Included Computerized - GoTo Manufacturer Parallax Warranty Not Supplied By Manufacturer Hand Controller Included Motor Hand Control - Computer Control Thru Incl. Software # of Counterweights Included 1 Weight of Counterweights 33 lbs. Tracking Rates No Objects in Database 17,000 objects Mount Special Features No Saddle Width Universal - Will adapt to most plates Weight Capacity 160 lbs. Leg Length N/A Material N/A Power Supply Included None - Requires Optional AC or DC Adapter Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Latitude Range Not supplied by manufacturer Weight of Tripod/Monopod N/A Weight of Head Not supplied by manufacturer
- Included Items
- Parallax Instruments HD150C-O Computerized German Equatorial Mount - Observatory Model
- Clutch Tensioning Knobs
- Declination Counterweight
- Micrometric Altitude and Azimuth Adjusters
- Saddle Plate
- 33 lb. Machined Counterweight
- 12V DC Servomotor Drive System
- GTO Computer System
- Handheld Keypad
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts