iOptron CEM120 Center Balanced Equatorial Mount
Using a German equatorial mount as a template, the iOptron CEM mount series improves upon the original EQ design by centering the balance of mount. This slight shift in the mount's center of gravity greatly increases stability and the mount weight to load capacity ratio. The iOptron CEM120 mount boasts an impressive 2.2x weight to load ratio capable of carrying 120lbs. of equipment the mount head weighs a highly portable 54.5 lbs. The additional benefits of a center balanced mount are reduced wear on the gears and bearings, and it allows the polar scope be available at all times since it is never blocked by the declination shaft. Fewer counterweights are needed to balance your gear with an improved neutral balance making the mount even more portable.
The iOptron CEM120 with enhanced encoders has a greatly increased tracking accuracy and real-time PEC for the ultimate in imaging tracking and precision.
Mount Features & Specifications
- Mount Design: Center Balanced Equatorial
- Payload: 120 lbs.
- Mount Weight: 54.5 lbs.
- Latitude Range: 0-65 degrees
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: +/- 6 degrees
- Tracking Accuracy: < 0.3 arc seconds
- RA Worm Gear: 360 tooth, 218.4mm diameter
- DEC Worm Gear: 360 tooth, 218.4mm diameter
- RA Axle: 80mm diameter, steel
- DEC Axle: 80mm diameter, steel
- Counterweight Shaft: Antislip design, 43mm diameter, 550mm length stainless steel
- Counterweights: Steel, 10kg (22 lbs.)
- Mounting Base Diameter: 203x203mm
- Motor: 0.9º stepper motor w/ 128 micro-step
- Resolution: 0.07 arcsec
- Hand Controller: Go2Nova
- Power: DC 12V 2A
- Power Consumption: 0.6A (tracking), 1.4A (GoTo)
- Polar Scope: AccuAlign with dark field illuminating
- Transmission: Worm Direct Drive
- Dovetail Saddle: 17.2" long D or Losmandy style
- Level Indicator: Yes
- Slew Speed: 5º/sec
- PEC: Real Time PEC
- Guiding Port: ST-4
- Serial Port: RS232 and USB
- Wireless Connection: WIFI
- Network Connection: Ethernet
- GPS: Yes
- Cable Management: Yes
- Additional Information
SKU IO-CEM120-EC Head Design Equatorial Tripod or Pier Included? No GPS Included? Yes Electronics Included Computerized - GoTo Manufacturer iOptron Warranty 1 Year Warranty Hand Controller Included iOptron GoTo Nova # of Counterweights Included 2 Weight of Counterweights 22 lbs. each Tracking Rates Lunar, Sidereal, Solar Mount Special Features Illuminated Control Panel, Illuminated Polar FInder, Integrated Bubble Level, Integrated Polar Finder Saddle Width D Series Weight Capacity 120 lbs. Leg Length N/A Material N/A Power Supply Included DC Battery Adapter Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Latitude Range 0º - 65º Weight of Tripod/Monopod N/A Weight of Head 54.5 lbs.
- Included Items
- CEM120 EQ Mount Head w/ Enhanced Encoders
- Hand Controller
- DC Adapter
- 2x Counterweights
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads