Stargazing with binoculars is an idyllic pleasure. All the more so with Orion's Paragon-Plus Binocular Mount.
Orion Paragon Plus Binocular Mount
The mount’s silky smooth motion provides relaxing viewing for hours on end with binoculars as large as 80mm in aperture. It eliminates arm strain and shakiness, and allows you to aim your binocular high overhead, even to the zenith, while you stand or sit comfortably underneath. Ahhh!
What’s more, you can raise and lower the binocular while staying fixed on a target, a wonderful feature when two or more people are observing together.
Solidly constructed of aluminum, the mount features a sliding counterweight for perfect balance and an L-adapter for attaching any tripod-adaptable binocular. Maximum binocular height is 7' 7". The binocular mount comes fully assembled.
Orion Paragon Plus Binocular Mount Features
- Sturdy and stable astronomy binocular mount makes binocular viewing sessions comfortable by eliminating arm strain and shakiness
- Mount allows you to raise and lower the attached pair of binoculars while staying fixed on a target, a wonderful feature when two or more people of varying height are observing together
- Features sliding counterweight for balance, L-adapter for binocular attachment, and a pinch-free design to save your fingers!
- Included Orion Paragon XHD tripod features leg-locks and graduated marks for easy and repeatable setup in the field
- Amazing range! Maximum mounted binocular height is 7' 7", minimum height is 2' 7". Weighs 19.8 lbs assembled
- Additional Information
SKU OR-5379 Head Design Alt-Azimuth Tripod or Pier Included? Yes GPS Included? No Electronics Included None/ Manual Manufacturer Orion Warranty Orion Limited Warranty Hand Controller Included None - None Available # of Counterweights Included 0 Objects in Database N/A Saddle Width Universal - Will adapt to most plates Weight Capacity 5 lbs. Leg Length 2' 7" - 7' 7" Material N/A Power Supply Included None - Does Not Require Power Latitude Range N/A Weight of Tripod/Monopod 19.8 lbs. Weight of Head N/A
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
This tripod is a great piece of gear and I would recommend it to any binocular astronomers. If you want BIG BINOCS, you will need one. There are some features which you have to get used to, namely, the limits on range of movement in the vertical plane. This makes it hard to go from the horizon to high overhead viewing without removing the binoculars from their attachment and re-mounting them. The mounting accessory plate doesn't help this.
I have used this setup every clear night since I got the tripod and the views are great ! The portability of the tripod makes it something to look forward to, also.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- Paragon Mount
- Sliding Counterweight
- Binocular Adapter
- XHD Tripod
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsDoes this mount support my RP-Optic Talete of 4.6 Kg? Can I add additional weight for balance it or its completly out of range.
ThanksQuestion by: Bazzardi on Apr 13, 2016 8:36:00 AM
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts