Celestron CGX 1100 Edge HD Telescope & Mount
Introducing the EdgeHD Telescope Series, Celestron’s dependable flagship telescope line- fused to their CGX Mount, the newest and greatest in German Equatorial mounts. With a proven telescope to mount atop it, the CGX is sure to provide you with some of the finest astronomical experiences you've had to date! Featuring Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings and 11" of aperture, this telescope gives you the brightest, clearest views whether observing planetary or deep-sky objects.
The CGX mount is the newest member of Celestrons fully computerized Equatorial mount series capable of carrying Celestron’s high-end 11" and 14" optical tubes. The CGE PRO style, 2.75" leg tripod holds even our 14" optics securely while dampening vibration, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 55 lbs of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
German Equatorial mounts are recognized for their rock solid stability, simple balancing and easy accessibility for attaching accessories- and the CGX takes it to the next level after years of study and hard work. With sophisticated software features like the Hibernate function, the CGX can maintain its star alignment night after night without needing to be re-aligned, making it an excellent choice for a permanent observatory facility.
The Celestron CGX Mount is an innovative new design that improves on it's predesscors in every imaginable way. It's the product of over three years of innovative design and planning, and it shows. It's
Ergonomic Design - The Celestrom CGX mount is incredibly ergonomic, from the convenient carrying handles to the easy to use and turn knobs.
Splendid Engineering- This mount boasts drastically reduced backlash and improved stability. Incredibly rigid, this mount also boasts an improved motor system that greatly boosts the provided torque. It's simply superior to it's predesscors in every way.
Innovation - The Celestron CGX series boasts internal cabling that utterly bypasses the issue of cable twisting or tangling by letting you route all your own power supply and accessory cables into a convenient port on a part of the mount that moves- from which they enter into the mount, utterly contained, and reach everywhere they need to on the inside without any tangling issues. Neat and clean!
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the Celestron CGX mount will track a full 20 degrees past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGX mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, utilizing a top quality Nexstar hand controller.
New Optical Design - The EdgeHD optical system takes all of the compact power popularized by the Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope (SCT) and combines it with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images. As a visual instrument, EdgeHD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other equally interesting NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astroimaging, the EdgeHD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial CCD detectors, allowing all stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip.
Diffraction Limited - Some companies boast that their telescopes give diffraction limited stars in the very center of the field of view. EdgeHD optics not only produce diffraction limited stars on axis, but maintain diffraction limited stars across the entire field of view of many of the most popular astrophotography cameras.
Mirror Locks – To hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging.
Tube Vents - Each vent has an integrated 60 micron micro-mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
Fastar Versatility – All EdgeHD optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging. Not only does imaging in the FASTAR configuration allow for exposure times that are 25 times faster than at f/10, but also yields a field of view five times wider. The perfect combination for imaging your favorite wide field objects in a fraction of the time. (FASTAR imaging requires a third party lens assembly in place of the secondary mirror).
82° Eyepiece - EdgeHD 11" optical tubes come with Celestron's top of the line 2" barrel eyepiece. With a 23 mm focal length and 82° AFOV, you get an incredible combination of power and wide field of view. Plus this 6-element eyepiece is optimized to deliver pinpoint images when used with a flat field telescope.
Celestron's bleeding edge new CGX mount is the current pinnacle of German Equatorial Mount Engineering. Boasting a wide range of new and improved features, this mount is simply top quality. It's just plain better than it's competition and predecessors.
Superior mount performance combined with superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. When it comes to the Celestron HD series coupled with Celestron’s StarBright XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum... It's a vision you'll never forget.
Celestron CGX DX 1100 Edge HD Telescope & Mount Features
- New aplanatic Schmidt telescope design produces aberration-free images across a wide field of view
- Mirror tension locks hold the primary mirror in place and reduce image shift
- Cooling vents allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible for fast f/2 imaging
- 11" EdgeHD Optics
- New CGX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2.75 steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings.
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
Celestron Product Number: 12057
- Additional Information
SKU CE-12057 UPC Code 050234120579 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron CGX Optical Design Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 11" Telescope Focal Ratio f/10 Telescope Focal Length 2800mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.7 Highest Useful Magnification 661x Optical Coatings Celestron XLT Tube Color or Finish Celestron Oyster Pearl Optical Tube Outer Diameter Not provided by manufacturer Length of Optical Tube 24" Optical Tube Weight 27.5 lbs. Mount Weight 41 lbs. Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Diagonal Included? Yes - 2" Star Diagonal Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 23mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter CD ROMs Included NexRemote Counterweights Included (3) 11 lb. Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, Last Alignment Used, Quick Align, Solar System Align Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000 objects OTA Mount Type CGE Dovetail Tripod Type Included Extra Large Heavy Duty Total Telescope Weight 145 lbs.
- Included Items
- Celestron 1100 Edge HD Telescope
- CGX Computerized Mount
- Heavy Duty Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- (3) 11lb. Counterweight
- 9X50 Finderscope
- 23mm Axiom
- Star Diagonal
- Hand Controller
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC)
- DC Servo Motors
- RJ-12 Modular Jack
- ST-4 Guide Port
- Autoguide Port
- Auxillary Port
- RS-232 Communication Port
- DC Car Battery Adapter
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsIs the tripod leg diam the same as the CGEM DX? Is the tripod top the same? Will the CGX fit on a CGEM DX tripod?Can I specify 3X11lb counter weights in lieu of the single 22lb counterweight when I order the Telescope? Also is the outside diameter of the 22LB the same as the 11lb?Question by: Christopher E Thomas on Dec 2, 2016 5:51:00 PMUnfortunately, no, as the Celestron 11 lb weights do not fit the larger 1.25" diameter counterweight shaft of the CGEM DX mount. You could add an 11lb Losmandy weight to the order, but this will not match the look of the weight that comes with the CGEM-DX.Answer by: Chris Hendren on Dec 5, 2016 11:31:00 AM
- Support / Downloads