Celestron C14-XLT - CGEM DX Mount Package
Celestron C14-XLT Schmidt Cassegrain Optical Fastar...
With over three times the light gathering power of an 8” telescope, this observatory-class instrument is Celestron’s largest optical system in its class. The 14" Fastar takes full advantage of the vast database of thousands of NGC and Abell galaxies as well as delivering a new level of detail to all your favorite deep sky objects. Turn this scope to the planets and see amazing detail on the surface of Jupiter; see Cassini’s Division in the rings of Saturn, and resolve details on the surface of Mars. Even the distant Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are within your reach.
The Celestron C14 Fastar is Celestron’s first new Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system in over a decade. The new 14” Schmidt-Cassegrain features a precision optical system with 3910mm focal length (f/11) and comes standard with Celestron’s StarBright XLT coatings at no extra cost. Attach the optional Fastar component to this OTA and achieve a super-fast f/2 focal length for awesome astrophotograpy!
What's more, you have Celestron's guarantee of uncompromising quality backed up with a two year warranty. Celestron warrants your telescope to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years. Celestron will repair or replace such product or part thereof which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship.
Celestron C14-A-XLT FaStar Schmidt Cassegrain Optical Tube Assembly Features
Celestron CGEM DX Mount and Tripod...
- 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Fastar Compatible
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 3910 mm focal length (f/11)
- 40 mm 1.25" eyepiece included (98x)
- Visual back allows for use with 2" accessories
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- 2" mirror diagonal provides comfortable viewing position when observing objects high in the sky
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with CGE mount
The CGEM DX™ mount is the newest member of our fully computerized Equatorial mount series capable of carrying Celestron’s high-end 11" and 14" optical tubes. The CGE PRO style, 2.75" leg tripod holds even the our 14" optics securely while dampening vibration, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 50 lbs of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
- CGEM DX was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
- The CGEM DX series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM DX sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM DX will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
- Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced. This allows the CGEM DX to have the payload capacity of that of much larger mounts without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
Celestron CGEM DX Mount and Tripod Features
- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 50 lbs
- CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Ultra sturdy 2.75" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- New "All-star" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life.
- The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of go to features
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Celestron Two Year Limited Warranty
Celestron Product Number: 11001-F