The CGEM DX 1100 HD combines Celestron's newly designed CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial mount with its new EdgeHD optical system. Featuring Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings and 11" of aperture, this telescope gives you the brightest, clearest views whether observing planetary or deep-sky objects.
Celestron CGEM DX 1100 Edge HD Telescope & Mount
The CGEM DX™ mount is the newest member of our fully computerized Equatorial mount series capable of carrying Celestron’s high-end 11" and 14" optical tubes. The CGE PRO style, 2.75" leg tripod holds even our 14" optics securely while dampening vibration, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 50 lbs of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
German Equatorial mounts are recognized for their rock solid stability, simple balancing and easy accessibility for attaching accessories. With sophisticated software features like the Hibernate function, the CGEM DX can maintain its star alignment night after night without needing to be re-aligned, making it an excellent choice for a permanent observatory facility.
Bobs Knobs- Limited Time Offer!
Ergonomic Design - CGEM DX was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM DX series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM DX sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM DX will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Power Management - Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced. This allows the CGEM DX to have the payload capacity of that of much larger mounts without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
New Optical Design - The EdgeHD optical system takes all of the compact power popularized by the Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope (SCT) and combines it with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images. As a visual instrument, EdgeHD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other equally interesting NGC, IC and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astroimaging, the EdgeHD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All EdgeHD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial CCD detectors, allowing all stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip.
Diffraction Limited - Some companies boast that their telescopes give diffraction limited stars in the very center of the field of view. EdgeHD optics not only produce diffraction limited stars on axis, but maintain diffraction limited stars across the entire field of view of many of the most popular astrophotography cameras.
Mirror Locks – To hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging.
Tube Vents - Each vent has an integrated 60 micron micro-mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
Fastar Versatility – All EdgeHD optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging. Not only does imaging in the FASTAR configuration allow for exposure times that are 25 times faster than at f/10, but also yields a field of view five times wider. The perfect combination for imaging your favorite wide field objects in a fraction of the time. (FASTAR imaging requires a third party lens assembly in place of the secondary mirror).
82° Eyepiece - EdgeHD 11" optical tubes come with Celestron's top of the line 2" barrel eyepiece. With a 23 mm focal length and 82° AFOV, you get an incredible combination of power and wide field of view. Plus this 6-element eyepiece is optimized to deliver pinpoint images when used with a flat field telescope.
Celestron CGEM DX 1100 Edge HD Telescope & Mount Features
- New aplanatic Schmidt telescope design produces aberration-free images across a wide field of view
- Mirror tension locks hold the primary mirror in place and reduce image shift
- Cooling vents allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible for fast f/2 imaging
- 11" EdgeHD Optics
- New CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2.75 steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings.
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
- Additional Information
SKU CE-11002 UPC Code 050234110020 Manufacturer Celestron Telescope Series Celestron CGEM DX Optical Design Corrected Schmidt-Cassegrain Mount Type Equatorial - GoTo Warranty 2 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 11" Telescope Focal Ratio f/10 Telescope Focal Length 2800mm Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.7 Highest Useful Magnification 661x Optical Coatings Celestron XLT Tube Color or Finish Celestron Oyster Pearl Optical Tube Outer Diameter Not provided by manufacturer Length of Optical Tube 24" Optical Tube Weight 27.5 lbs. Mount Weight 41 lbs. Dew Shield Included? No, Sold Separately Diagonal Included? Yes - 2" Star Diagonal Finder Included 9 x 50 Optical Finder Eyepiece(s) Included 23mm Hand Controller Included? Yes Power Adapter Included DC Cigarette Lighter Adapter CD ROMs Included NexRemote Counterweights Included (1) 22 lb. Alignment Procedure 1-Star Alignment, 2-Star Alignment, Last Alignment Used, Quick Align, Solar System Align Tracking Modes EQ North, EQ South Objects in Database 40,000 objects OTA Mount Type CGE Dovetail Tripod Type Included Extra Large Heavy Duty Total Telescope Weight 145 lbs.
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
I have had this scope now for coming up on a year. I have used it to look at the moon and a few planets, mostly Jupiter , Venus, Mars. The Moon is incredible and and Jupiter can clearly see all features, colors (including the big spot!) and Jupiters moons This scope is outstanding and I would recommend it highly to everyone. I think for most ppl this is about the largest scope that one can assemble on their own without any help. I look forward to learning to use My Celestron to view many more objects in the sky. Also this scope is very very durable.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- It don't get better
I lov my Mount and Scope ,Every thing works just Celestron Said, some times I'm up to the middle of the night with this thing . Warning The Celestron CGEM 11" Edge HD can keep you up all night but I'm still going to give 5 stars .
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- It don't get better
- I lov my Mount and Scope ,Every thing works just Celestron Said, some times I'm up to the middle of the night with this thing . Warning The Celestron CGEM 11" Edge HD can keep you up all night but I'm still going to give 5 stars .
- Included Items
- Celestron 1100 Edge HD Telescope
- CGEM DX Computerized Mount
- Heavy Duty Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- (1) 22lb. Counterweight
- 9X50 Finderscope
- 23mm Axiom
- Star Diagonal
- Hand Controller
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC)
- DC Servo Motors
- RJ-12 Modular Jack
- ST-4 Guide Port
- Autoguide Port
- Auxillary Port
- RS-232 Communication Port
- DC Car Battery Adapter
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsQuestion by: John Denny on Apr 7, 2015 4:44:00 PMHello John,
Thank you for your question. This item does not come with the polar finderscope. One is available however.
It is the Celestron Polar Finder for Advanced Series CG-5 Mount.
While it is stated that this polar scope is for the CG-5, this will work on the Advanced VX, CGEM, & CGEM DX
as well.Answer by: Rod Gallardy (Admin) on Apr 7, 2015 5:04:00 PMCan a second dovetail rail be added to the OTA to allow use of a guidescope for long-exposure photography? Also, I have an 11-pound counterweight that came with my AVX mount. Will this weight fit on the CGEM-DX counterweight bar?Question by: Wilth42 on Oct 30, 2015 10:03:00 AMYes to the first question and no to the second. You can add CGE style dovetails from Celestron as well as other manufacturers Like Losmandy and ADM to the top. prices vary by brand, with Celestron being the most price competitive option. The CGEM DX uses 1.25" bore weights like the Losmandy mounts and the original CGE/CGE Pro mounts, while the AVX uses a 20mm (~0.8") bore. You would need weights with the 1.25" bore for this larger mount. Please contact us if you have questions and we can get you set up with the right accessories.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on Oct 30, 2015 1:26:00 PM
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts