Sky-Watcher 8" Computerized Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope
The 8" Sky-Watcher Dobsonian SynScan is precision engineered telescope that will allow you to easily find and enjoy night sky treasures like Saturn, Jupiter, and other planets in the solar system, plug a huge array of deep-sky objects including galaxies, star clusters, nebulae, and more. With its patented collapsible tube design, the Sky-Watcher 8" Collapsible GoTo Dobsonian is truly the ultimate in portability and performance.
The elegant truss tube design of the Sky-Watcher S11800 Dobsonian was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the SkyWatcher Collapsible Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening! The patented Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards and allowing the telescope to stay where you put it for as long as you like.
The Sky-Watcher SynScan™ AZ hand control allows you point your telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,900+ objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The patented dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes - but with no need for re-alignment!
The Sky-Watcher 8" SynScan Dobsonian combines the convenience and affordability of the traditional Dobsonian with the high-tech features of a computerized Go-To telescope.
Sky-Watcher 8" GoTo Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope Specifications
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 203 mm (8 in)
- Focal Length: 1200 mm
- Focal Ratio f/5.9
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm) 25 mm
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm) 10 mm
- Finderscope 8x50 RA Viewfinder
- Highest Useful Magnification 406x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14.2
- Power Supply: 10 to 15 V DC 1Amp, 2.1mm Plug (Center positive)
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors
- Resolution: Motor encoder: 1,620,000 counts per revolution, Main axis encoder: 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1.0X, 2.0X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 200X, 400X, 600X, 800X, 1000X
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axes Tracking
Alignment Method: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC and IC catalog, partial SAO catalogues, total 42,900 objects
- Go-To Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc min
- Additional Information
SKU SW-S11800 UPC Code 50234118002 Manufacturer Sky-Watcher Telescope Series Sky-Watcher Dobsonian Optical Design Newtonian Reflector - Open Truss Mount Type Dobsonian Cradle with GoTo Warranty 1 Year Warranty Telescope Aperture 8" Telescope Focal Length 1200mm Telescope Focal Ratio f/6 Highest Useful Magnification 472x Limiting Stellar Magnitude 14 Optical Coatings Aluminum Dew Shield Included? No, Not Necessary Eyepiece(s) Included 10mm, 25mm Focuser Size 2" Focuser Style Crayford Manual or Electronic Focusing? Manual Focusing Speeds One-Speed Optical Tube Outer Diameter 205mm Length of Optical Tube 44.5" Optical Tube Weight 24.2 lb. Tube Color or Finish Gloss Black Finder Included 8 x 50 Optical Finder Mount Weight 34.39 lb. Alignment Procedure 2-Star Alignment, Brightest Star Objects in Database 42,000+ Hand Controller Included? Yes Counterweights Included N/A Tripod Type Included None, Not Required Total Telescope Weight 58.84 lb.
- Included Items
- 8" f/6 GoTo Collapsible Dobsonian Telescope
- SynScan GoTo Hand Control & Cables
- 8 x 50 RA Finderscope & Bracket
- 2" Crayford Focuser
- 1.25" Adapter
- 10mm Plossl Eyepiece (1.25")
- 25mm Plossl Eyepiece (1.25")
- Dust Cover
- Eyepiece Tray
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts