Astronomik 36 mm Clear Filter
Mounted in Low Profile Non-Threaded Cell
This multi-coated Clear (MC) filter serves as dust protector or to keep your system parfocal with other Astronomik filters. This filter should be used if the focal plane of your imaging system should stay in the same place as with other Astronomik filters in place. The multicoating prevents you from unwanted reflections. It blocks neither IR nor UV.
The second main application is dust protection of your system (telescope or camera). As the filter doesn’t modify the spectral transmittance of your system it doesn’t alter the colors. It’s great for keeping all dust away from your optics or sensor.
The Astronomik Clear Filter is made with the same high-end process as all other Astronomik filters. The coating has the same scratch resistance and the substrate has the same high quality. Because of this it is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters and can be used in any optical system for dust protection without modifying the spectral characteristics and without destroying the optical performance of your system. They can be used as a dust protection of Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newton or Maksutov system or as a dust protection in front of DSLR camera, and as an alternative instead of the UV-IR-Blocker if your system has no refracting elements. (You should think about using the IR-blocker or even the UV-IR blocker if you have a system with any refracting elements.
Now Mounted in Low Profile Non-Threaded Cell
Sometimes unmounted CCD filters can be hard to handle. The smaller diameters, such as this 36 mm Clear filter, can be especially difficult to pick up and insert or remove from the filter wheel, and that can lead to possible damage as well as unwanted reflections from incorrectly installed filters. Astronomik has solved this problem by mounting their 31 mm and 36 mm filters in a low profile (3 mm) non-threaded cell. O-rings, washers, or spacers are no longer required to hold the filter in place, and because the cell is only 3 mm thick, it works well in all appropriately sized filter wheels. Mounted 31 mm and 36 mm Astronomik filters will also play nice with unmounted versions in the same carousel.
- Visual observation (dark skies): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Visual observation (urban skies): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Film photography: Reasonable, for dust protection only
- CCD photography: Good, to compensate the optical thickness (parfocal with other Astronomik filters); dust protection
- DSLR photography (original): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Reasonable, for dust protection only
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Reasonable, for dust protection only
Astronomik Multi-Coated Clear Filter Features....
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Additional Information
SKU AK-C-36 Manufacturer Astronomik Type of Filter Clear Filter Usage Imaging Single or Set? Single Filter Filter Size 36mm Filter Shape Round Filter Mounted? Mounted Warranty 10 Year Warranty
- Included Items
- Astronomik MC Clear Filter - 36mm Mounted
- Plastic Storage Case
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads