Astronomik Clear Filter for SCT Rear Cells
This multi-coated Clear (MC) filter acts as either a dust protector or as a method of keeping your system parfocal with other Astronomik filters. It should be used if your imaging system's focal plane remains in the same place as with other Astronomik filters in place. Multi-coating inhibits undesirable reflections. This filter does not block IR or UV.
This filter's second purpose is dust protection of your telescope or camera system. Since it doesn't alter the spectral transmittance of your system, it won't adjust the colors. As a result, this filter is perfect for preventing dust from invading your optics or sensor.
The Astronomik Clear Filter has been manufactured using an identical high-end process as every other Astronomik filter. The coating and substrate feature the same scratch resistance and high quality. This makes this filter parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. In addition, it can be used in any Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newtonian, Maksutov, or DSLR camera for dust protection without adjusting spectral attributes or damaging the optical performance of your system. For optical systems without any refracting elements, this filter can serve as an alternate to the UV-IR blocker. If you have a system that has refracting elements, you'll want to consider using an IR or UV-IR blocker.
- Visual observation - dark skies: Acceptable, for dust protection only
- Visual observation - urban skies: Acceptable, for dust protection only
- Film photography: Acceptable, for dust protection only
- CCD photography: Good, to make up the optical thickness (parfocal with other Astronomik filters); dust protection
- DSLR photography - original: Acceptable, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography - astro modified: Acceptable, for dust protection only
- DSLR photography - MC modified: Acceptable, for dust protection only
- Webcam / Video - Planets: Acceptable, for dust protection only
- Webcam / Video - Deep Sky: Acceptable, for dust protection only
Astronomik Multi-Coated Clear Filter Features....
- Parfocal with all other Astronomik filters
- 1mm glass thickness
- Entirely resistant to high humidity, scratches and aging impact
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not lessen the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are presented in a high-quality, durable, filter box
Astronomik Product Number: C-SCT