Astrodon Gen II E-Series LRGB Filters - 50mm Round Unmounted
You will see tremendous S/N and detail in your individual blue images as they download. You will see more detail in the faint, extended arms of spiral galaxies than you've seen before. It also means that you will be less likely to lose your guide star in the blue filter if you self-guide using the internal guiding CCD (as in an SBIG camera).
There is more overlap with the green filter. Tru-Balance E-Series filters have ~90% throughput at the important emission wavelengths for OIII and H-a. HII regions will stand out with Tru-Balance filters.
Tru-Balance E-Series design compensates for the quantum efficiency curves found in most Kodak full-frame CCDs. As a result of this careful design, the color combine weights are ~1:1:1. This makes your digital processing much simpler.
Astrodon Tru-Balance Filter Highlights...
- Combine RGB ~1:1:1 (+/-0.1) for G2V star colors
- Achieve the correct "teal" OIII nebula color within 10% with G2V star colors
- Blue filter is 30-50% more efficient than other blue filters - exceptional S/N
- Minimize losing guide stars with efficient blue filter in SBIG cameras
- Take equal RGB and dark exposures (no dark scaling needed)
- 1/4 wave or better propagated wavefront
- No visible defects - scratches or pits
- Strong - 3 mm thick
- Durable - hard dichroic coatings with built-in anti-reflection
- ALL Astrodon filters are PARFOCAL at > f/4.0. Focus on L,R,G or B and go right to H-a, OIII or SII
Astrodon Product Number: LRGB2-E50R
- Additional Information
SKU AN-LRGB2-E50R Manufacturer Astrodon Type of Filter LRGB Filter Usage Imaging Single or Set? Filter Set Filter Size 50mm Filter Shape Round Filter Mounted? Unmounted Warranty 5 Year Warranty
- Included Items
- Astrodon Gen II E-Series LRGB Filters:
- 50mm unmounted red filter
- 50mm unmounted blue filter
- 50mm unmounted green filter
- 50mm unmounted luminance filter
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads