ZWO ASI224MC Color Astronomy Camera
The ZWO ASI224MC Color Astronomy Camera houses a 1/3" 1.2 Mega Pixel Sony IMX224 imaging sensor with Exmor and NIR technology. This relatively small sensor has very low read noise (1.5 e), high sensitivity in NIR, and the possibility for high frame rates, making this CMOS camera an excellent choice for planetary imagers who want nothing but the highest quality.
Although this camera is best suited for planetary imaging, it can also be used for image deep sky objects up to a fixed level as it supports a maximum exposure time of up to 1000 seconds.
Since you won't have to devote time to filter or filter wheel concerns, imaging with the ZWO ASI224MC Color Camera is a simple procedure. If you don't mind making a small concession, this is one of the best color planetary imaging cameras currently available in this price range, and it could probably outshine many of the more costlier cameras also.
ZWO ASI224MC Color Astronomy Camera Features...
- Supports planetary as well as some deep sky imaging
- Resolution: 1304 x 976 at up to 64 fps (at 12bit ADC) or 150 fps (at 10 bit ADC)
- Maximum exposure time of 1000 seconds!
- Autoguider port
- Extremely low read noise (1.5 e)
- High Sensitivity, especially in IR range
- Full aluminium housing with standard 2" interface
- M42x0.75 internal thread
- Includes 1.25" T-adapter
ZWO ASI224MC CMOS Color Astronomy Camera Specifications...
- Sensor: 1/3” CMOS IMX224
- Resolution: 1.2 Mega Pixels
- Pixel Array: 1304 x 976
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm
- Sensor Size: 4.8mm x 3.6mm
- Diagonal Size: 6.09mm
- Minimum Exposure Time: 0.000032 seconds
- Maximum Exposure Time: 1000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- Binning Modes: 2x2
- Focus Distance to Sensor: 12.5mm
- Shutter Type: Rolling
- Window: AR coated
- Operating System Compatability: Mac, Windows, Linus
- Interface: USB 3.0/ USB 2.0
- Bit rate: 12bit output (12bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2"/ 1.25"/ M42X0.75
- Diameter: 62mm
- Weight: 3.5 oz.
ZWO Product Number: ASI224MC
- Additional Information
SKU ZWO-ASI224MC Manufacturer ZWO Color or B&W? Color Sensor Type CMOS Series ZWO ASI Pixel Size < 5 Microns Chip Diagonal 6.1mm - 8mm Sensor Manufacturer Sony # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model IMX224 Pixel Size in Micrometers 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm Pixel Array 1304 x 976 Sensor Diagonal 6.09mm Minimum Exposure Time 0.000032 seconds Maximum Exposure Time 1000 seconds Binning Modes 2x2 Shutter Type Rolling Electronic Interface USB 3.0 Operating System Compatibility Linux (3rd Party), Mac, Windows Camera Weight 3.5 oz.
- Included Items
- ZWO ASI224MC Color Astronomy Camera
- M42 - 1.25" Nosepieces
- 2 m USB and ST4 Guider Cable
- 1.25" Cover
- Driver CD
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads