ZWO ASI185MC Cooled Astronomy Camera - Color
Housing a Sony IMX185 sensor, with 2.3M 3.5µm pixels in a 1944 x 1224 format, the ZWO imaging camera is a beautiful piece of work. The IMX185 sensor housed inside this device has an extremely low read noise of 3.3 e, and is extremely sensitive- especially in the near infrared spectrum. Compared to other models such as the ASI224MC, the ZWO ASI185MC color camera has a larger sensor with the same size pixels, and a slight but noticeable increase in read noise over the other model. Superb at any astronomical imaging application imaginable, the ZWO ASI185MC body has a high speed USB 3.0 port, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2" interface with M42 x 0.75 internal threads, a 1/4" tripod thread mount on the back, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2" interface with M42 x 0.75 internal threads, a 1/4" tripod thread mount on the back, and an IR-cut window. The included software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. The focus distance to the sensor is 12.5mm.
This cooled version incorporates active TEC temperature control for the ability to cool the sensor to 35C to 40C degrees below ambient. This enhanced cooling control offers the best image stability for longer imaging sessions.
Sony IMX185 CMOS Sensor Features
- Provides exceptionally low read noise (3.3 e).
- The IMX185 has an image array of 1944 x 1224 and a pixel size of 3.75 microns square.
- Supports 1/2 full HD optical size.
- 1120 mV pixel sensitivity.
- Sensitivity has been enhanced in the near IR region by up to 1.8X that of a similar sensor.
- The Sony IMX185 is an Exmor high performance CMOS sensor with quick processing, low noise, and low power diffusion by utilizing column parallel A/D conversion.
- Everything required to control your ZWO Astronomy Camera is readily available at the ZWO website.
ZWO ASI185MC Color CMOS Astronomy Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/1.9" IMX185 Color CMOS
- Resolution: 2.3M
- Image Array: 1944 x 1224
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 1080 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 268.4 FPS
- Window: IR-Cut
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Exposure Range: 32us - 1000s
- Read Noise: 3.3e
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12 bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2" to 1.25"/ M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter by 36 mm
- Weight: 120g
- Working Temperature: -5∫C - 45∫C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
ZWO Product Number: ASI185MC-COOL
- Additional Information
SKU ZWO-ASI185MC-C Manufacturer ZWO Color or B&W? Color Sensor Type CMOS Series ZWO ASI Pixel Size < 5 Microns Chip Diagonal 8.1mm - 10mm Sensor Manufacturer Sony # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model IMX185 Pixel Size in Micrometers 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm Pixel Array 1944 x 1244 Sensor Diagonal 8.58mm Minimum Exposure Time 0.000032 seconds Maximum Exposure Time 1000 seconds Shutter Type Rolling Electronic Filter Wheel No Interface USB 3.0 Operating System Compatibility Linux (3rd Party), Mac, Windows Camera Cooling Type Thermo-electric Cooling (TEC) Camera Body Dimensions 62mm x 36mm Camera Weight 4.23 oz.
- Included Items
- ZWO ASI185MC Cooled Color Astronomy Camera
- 2.5mm All Sky Lens
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Clear Window
- 2 m USB Cable
- 2 m ST4 Guider Cable
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads