Starlight Xpress Trius SX-674 USB Hub Monochrome CCD Camera
The latest range of cameras from Starlight Xpress:
Starlight Xpress has always been renowned for small, compact, innovative designs, along with excellent build quality. The new Trius range of deep-sky, cooled CCD cameras has just taken these values to a whole new level.
In addition to the already super low-noise performance of the previous generations of SXV, SXVF, & SXVR cameras, the new Trius range is even better, whilst still offering fast download times of approximately 2 million pixels per second.
Remarkably, Starlight Xpress has also managed to incorporate a complete powered USB hub into the main camera, which offers 3x USB 2.0 ports at the rear of the camera. Each port is capable of delivering up to 200mA, thus able to drive a Lodestar, SuperStar or CoStar for guiding leaving another two USB ports for a USB filter wheel and one other peripheral. This integration greatly reduces the number of cable trails back to the computer and gives less potential for cables tangling around the mount during your imaging session.
New Peltier cooler combinations have been designed into the Trius cameras, along with an Argon-Filled CCD chamber, allowing a greater differential cooling delta to be achieved.
Below are some of the innovative design features of the new Starlight Xpress Trius cameras:
Rear Camera Panel: The Trius camera provides multiple inputs and outputs. The main control connections to the camera are the USB2.0 socket that controls the camera from the computer and the +12v DC jack socket which provides power (approximately 1.25Amps at 12v DC). In addition, there is an RJ11 Guider Port output that is opto-isolated and will drive any standard active low guider input via the RJ11 ‘telephone’ lead provided. The remaining sockets are three Mini-5pin USB2.0 sockets that can be used to power up to three different USB devices, such as a Lodestar Autoguider, an SX USB Filter Wheel and a focuser. Each USB port is capable of providing 5v DC at a maximum of 200mA.
Fused Silica Window: Unlike less expensive cameras, Starlight Xpress fits a specially manufactured fused silica window, with a 7 layer anti-reflective coating, to all of their Trius cameras. This offers exceptional strength and heat transfer characteristics to ensure there is less chance of dewing of the front window during humid weather.
Efficient Cooling System: The cooling system is designed for the most efficient cooling possible in a small compact package. The Trius cameras are fitted with a new peltier cooler configuration to give approximately -40ºC delta T. A built in fan at the rear of the camera draws air in through small holes in the front of the barrel (which increases the surface area to aid the convection), through the heatsink where all the heat is generated, and expels it out of the rear of the camera. An additional fan is fitted to the side, just to help keep the external body at the ambient temperature during warmer weather. Set-Point Cooling as standard.
Argon Filled CCD Filter: Argon filled CCD chambers are normally only associated with really highend cameras; the new Trius cameras have dry argon injected into the CCD chamber to ensure there is no moisture to condense on the CCD during the cooling process. The low thermal conductivity of argon also helps with the cooling process, allowing a lower delta T to be achieved.
Unique Tilted Camera Front: This unique approach to camera design allows the front plate of the camera to be orthogonally aligned to ensure that the CCD and the optics are parallel to each other. This enables the user to adjust for any collimation issues throughout the whole optical train, to ensure pinpoint stars across the entire field.
Starlight Xpress Trius SX-674 Specifications
- CCD type: Sony ICX674ALG (mono) EXview CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in<br/ >
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 4.54uM x 4.54uM, Image format: 1940 x 1460 pixels
- CCD Image area: 8.81mm (Horizontal) x 6.63mm (Vertical).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 580nM (~77%), 50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM
- Readout Noise: Less than 7 electrons RMS - typically only 5 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 20,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Less than 0.003 electrons/second @ - 10C CCD temperature.
- Data format: 16 bits
- System gain: 0.3 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface with 3 port USB 2 hub for peripheral devices.
- Image download time: Typically 2 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max.
- Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of better than -30C below ambient.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodized aluminum barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.
- Weight: approx. 400g.
Starlight Xpress Product Number: SX-674
- Additional Information
SKU SX-SX-674 Manufacturer Starlight Xpress Color or B&W? Monochrome (B&W) Series Starlight Xpress Trius SX Pixel Size < 5 Microns Warranty 1 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Sony # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model ICX674 Full Well Capacity ~20,000 electrons Pixel Size in Micrometers 4.54 x 4.54 Pixel Array 1940 x 1460 Filter Wheel No Interface USB 2.0 Camera Cooling Type Fan - Built In Camera Body Dimensions 3" x 2.8" Camera Weight 1 lb.
- Included Items
- Starlight Xpress Trius SX-674 USB Hub Monochrome CCD Camera
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads