About the FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Series
Goodbye Goliath! MicroLine CCD cameras are smaller and lighter-weight than the competition, but outperforms them in key areas such as noise, frame quality, download speeds, bit-depth, and CCD cooling.
FLI MicroLine CCD cameras feature fast download speeds that simply leave the competition behind. Each component of the FLI MicroLine camera is designed and manufactured for a long life in the most demanding conditions. All major components are CNC machined and you're looking at only the highest quality electrical components and circuit boards with logo, serial number and focal plane indicators laser-etched on the surface - not printed. FLI designed photo-etched stainless-steel shutters are field-serviceable should they ever encounter damage and the sensor is hermetically sealed from dust and moisture.
What sets FLI MicroLine CCD Cameras apart is their small form factor. At 3.7 x 3.7 x 5 inches (HWL), the FLI MicroLine is a small camera with big camera capabilities! The Microline improves upon the highly successful FLI MaxCam design in a number of key areas including cooling, download speeds, clear aperture, and sensor capability.
Now, let's talk about FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Cooling... The FLI MicroLine’s robust cooling design achieves a sustainable cooling performance of 50-55° deg C below ambient. The camera’s CCD can be operated at -30° deg C with typical room temperatures and without the need for water cooling (sold as a separate option, visit the Accessories section for a list of choices) or special cooling sequences. Simply set the MicroLine cooling where you want it and the camera will do the rest – quickly and worry-free.
Conventional imaging cameras move the image data directly from the image sensor to the USB port, making them susceptible to added artifacts due to PC processing tasks, processor speed, and other PC-related issues. The MicroLine avoids these issues with its internal frame buffer, thus allowing an image to be quickly read out and downloaded to the PC. This allows the PC to take the image at whatever speed it is capable of without introducing any artifacts to the image.
When it comes the FLI MicroLine, you get system compatibility and mounting options as well as mechanical shutter, liquid cooling, and Anti-Dew Technology options that will help you trick out your camera the way you want it. The MicroLine line of CCD cameras is compatible with all FLI imaging accessories, including the Precision line of Color Filter Wheels and Digital Focusers. MicroLine camera adapters are available for microscope, telescope and machine vision connectivity. Scroll down for a list of available time-of-purchase options for this camera model and sensor combination.
FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Series Features in a Nutshell..
- Storage temperature range: -50°C to +100°C - Operation temperature range: -40°C to +50°C - Relative humidity operating range: 95%
- Heavy weight performance in a 2.8 lbs package with Liquid and Air Cooled bases
- RBI Annihilator Standard and AR Coated Windows
- Video mode with interline sensors and Small Footprint (3.7 x 3.7 x 5in.)
- Power requirements: 12V - Reaches operating temperatures in 5 minutes!
- Ideal for X-ray Applications, Astronomical Imaging, Scientific Imaging, Medical Applications, and Forensic Applications.
About the Hamamatsu Imaging Sensor
Hamamatsu Charged-Coupled Device (CCD) are solid-state image sensors that provide low light level detection, with high signal-to-noise ratio and wide dynamic range. The vast majority of Hamamatsu CCDs are full frame transfer devices with 100% fill factor.
They offer scientific grade CCDs including a unique back-thinned (BT-CCD) device featuring 90% quantum efficiency (QE). The back-thinned CCD has high QE from the near infrared to the vacuum UV region of the spectrum and it can even directly detect X-rays with energy below 0.5 keV. Front-illuminated CCDs can be used to directly detect X-rays up to 10 keV and X-rays over 100 keV can be imaged using fiber optic scintillators (FOS). Hamamatsu CCD detectors are used in low light level imaging, raman spectroscopy, microscopy, non-destructive inspection, dental X-ray imaging and medical imaging. Complete schematics and technical information is available in our "Additional Images and Articles" section.
Hamamatsu Imaging Sensor Features
- CCD arrays can be cooled with a built-in thermoelectric cooler.
- Back-thinned CCD has high quantum efficiency in a broad spectral range.
- Multiple amps to allow continuous imaging of a sample moving at high speed.
- High speed line rate achieved through parallel readout of the image.
- Voltage is impedance converted through a two-stage source follower circuit.
- On-chip MOS-FET charge-to-voltage converter called a floating diffusion amplifier (FDA).
Available Options For This FLI MicroLine Camera System...
- 45mm Mechanical Shutter Option
- Standard Liquid Cooling Option: For applications that require the ultimate in cooling and/or require heat dissipation to occur away from the camera body.
- Liquid Cooling Option with Double Shut-Off: For applications that require the ultimate in cooling and/or require heat dissipation to occur away from the camera body but with the added feature of double-shut off valves.
- Liquid Cooling Option with Dry Disconnect: For applications that require the ultimate in cooling and/or require heat dissipation to occur away from the camera body but with the added feature of dry disconnect valves.
If you would like any of the options listed in the above information, please either click on the links and then add your choices to your shopping cart, or visit the Accessories section to see a full list of options. If you aren't sure which options are best for your set-up, please feel free to contact us by email or phone at 1-800-483-6287 and we will be happy to put together a custom package just for you! Thank you.
FLI Product Number: ML1107
- Additional Information
SKU FL-ML1107 Manufacturer FLI Color or B&W? Monochrome (B&W) Sensor Type Full Frame Series FLI Microline Warranty 1 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Hamamatsu # of Sensors Single Sensor Front or Back Illumination Back Illuminated Sensor Model S10140-1107 Filter Wheel No
- Included Items
- FLI MicroLine Back Illuminated Spectroscopy Imaging Systems Hamamatsu S10140-1107 CCD Camera
- Electronic Shutter
- USB Cable
- Custom Power Supply
- Camera Cover
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads
- Related Blog Posts