Apogee Aspen CG230 Grade 1 Back Illuminated Monochrome Camera
This high quality CCD Astronomical Camera is the newest in design innovation from Apogee Imaging Systems! The cooling system is new and improved; working better while at the same time, taking up notably less space than prior designs- leaving more space for the sensor and other internal components of the Camera. Further upgrades range from an improvement upon stray light baffling, the addition of a Network interface with built in web servers, and support of dual CCD's of up to 16Mhz. All in all, this is a stellar example of a Monochrome CCD camera- ideal for use in capturing the highest quality of wide field of view images of any of the various possible ranges of astronomical imaging- ranging from Lunar to Deep Sky observing. Furthermore, it's potential for long exposure times guarantees a wide range of variable uses- and the highest quality of images for layering to produce color from monochrome, as well!
Apogee Aspen CG230 Grade 1 Back Illuminated Monochrome Camera- Features and Specifications
- 1 to 4 MHz 16-Bit digitization
- USB and Ethernet interface
- Programmable cooling up to 65°C below ambient
- High reliability shutter (>5 million cycles)
- 32 MByte camera memory
- Subarray readout and fast sequencing modes
- Adjustable fan speed for low/zero vibration
- General purpose programmable I/O port
- Programmable status indicators
- 32/64 bit ActiveX drivers included
- Field upgradeable firmware
- AR coated silica windows
- RBI pre-flash
- Precision locking filter wheels optional
- Array Size (pixels) : 2048 x 2048
- Pixel Size: 15 x 15 microns
- Imaging Area: 30.7 x 30.7mm (944mm2)
- Imaging Diagonal: 43.4mm
- Linear Full Well (typical): 150K electrons
- Dynamic Range: 85 dB
- QE at 400nm: 55%
- Peak QE (720nm): 96%
- Anti-blooming: None
- PC Interface: USB 2.0; Network interface with built-in web server, up to 2MHz throughput
- Max. Cable Length: USB: 5 meters between hubs; 5 hubs maximum (max. total of 30m)
Ethernet: 100 meters maximum
- Digital Resolution: 16 bits dual or single channel
- System Noise (typical): 12 e- RMS at 1 MHz.
- Pixel Binning: 1 x 1 to 8 x 2048 on chip
- Exposure Time: 100 milliseconds to 183 minutes (2.56 microsecond increments)
- Image Sequencing: 1 to 65535 image sequences under software control
- Frame Sizes: Full frame, subframe, focus mode
- Cooling (typical): Thermoelectric cooler with forced air. Maximum cooling up to 65°C below ambient temperature.
- Dark Current (typical): 0.4 e-/pixel/sec (-25°C)
- Temperature Stability: +/- 0.1°C
- Operating Environment: -25º to 40ºC. Relative humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing.
- Power: 50W maximum power with cooling maximum. AC/DC "brick" supply with int'l AC input plug (100-240V, 50-60Hz). Alternate 12V input from user's source.
- Remote Triggering: LVTTL trigger input, expose strobe output.
- Camera Head Size: Standard: G09. Aluminum, hard teal anodized. 6.5" x 6.4" x 4.7" (16.4 x 16.2 x 12 cm). Weight: 3.1 lb. (1.4 kg).
- Back Focal Distance: Standard: 1.37" (3.48cm). [optical]
- Shutter: 58mm