Apogee Alta F Series CCD Cameras
The Alta® F Series represents the next step in the evolution of the Alta line of cameras with faster readout speeds. The Alta line continues to support a wide variety of front-illuminated, back-illuminated and interline transfer CCDs. All Alta systems are backed by a 2 year warranty on the camera and lifetime warranty on the CCD chamber integrity. Current U Series customers can easily upgrade their systems to F Series.
Apogee Alta F8300 Color CCD Camera
The Apogee Alta F8300 represents the next step in the evolution of the Alta line of cameras with faster readout speeds. The Alta F8300 uses a medium format 8-megapixel Truesense Imaging sensor, ideal for applications requiring a large field of view with a smaller pixel. The F8300C uses the color version of the CCD (non-removable uncoated cover glass only).
Apogee Alta F8300 Color CCD Camera Features...
- 1 to 8 MHz 16-Bit digitization
- 32 MB camera memory
- Field upgradeable firmware
- Subarray readout and fast sequencing modes
- 32/64 bit ActiveX drivers included with every system
- Programmable cooling to 55°C below ambient
- General purpose programmable I/O port
- Adjustable fan speed for low/zero vibration
- Programmable status indicators
- AR coated silica windows
- RBI pre-flash available
- Moisture free chambers
- Liquid cooling option
- Precision locking filter wheels optional
Apogee Alta F8300 Color CCD Camera Specifications...
- CCD: Kodak KAF-8300CE
- Pixel Array: 3326 x 2504
- Pixel Size: 5.4µm x 5.4µm
- Imaging Area: 18mm x 13.5mm
- Imaging Diagonal: 22.5mm
- Linear Full Well (Typical): ~25,500 electrons
- Dynamic Range: 64.4 dB
- QE at 400nm: 30%
- Peak QE (580, 660nm): 60%
- Anti-blooming: 1000X
- PC Interface: USB 2.0
- Max. Cable Length: 5 meters between hubs, 5 hubs maximum (max. total of 30m); or up to 50m with Icron 2.0 Ranger extender
- Digital Resolution: 16 bits to 8 MHz
- System Noise (Typical): 9 e- RMS at 1 MHz
- Pixel Binning: 1 x 1 to 8 x 2504 on chip
- Exposure Time: 20 milliseconds to 183 minutes (2.56 microsecond increments)
- Image Sequencing: 1 to 65535 image sequences under software control
- Frame Sizes: Full frame, subframe, focus mode
- Cooling (Typical): Thermoelectric cooler with forced air. Maximum cooling up to 55°C below ambient temperature.
- Dark Current (Typical): 0.02 e-/pixel/sec (-30°C)
- Temperature Stability: +/- 0.1°C
- Operating Environment: -25° to 40°C. Relative humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing.
- Power: 40W maximum power with shutter open and cooling maximum. AC/DC "brick" supply with int'l AC input plug (100-240V, 50-60Hz). Alternate 12V input from user's source.
- Remote Triggering: LVTTL input allows exposure to start within 25 microseconds of rising edge of trigger.
- Camera Head Size: Standard: D02; Low profile: D06.; Aluminum, hard blue anodized; 6" x 6" x 2.5"; Weight: 3.1 lb.
- Back Focal Distance: Standard: 1.025" (2.60cm). Low profile: 0.460" (1.17cm). [optical]
- Mounting: 3.5" bolt circle; 2" 24 TPI thread. Optional Nikon F-mount or Canon FD or EF/EOS mount.
- Shutter: Standard: 43mm shutter. Low profile: no shutter.
Apogee Product Number: F8300C
- Additional Information
SKU AI-F8300C Manufacturer Apogee Color or B&W? Color Series Apogee Alta Pixel Size 5-7 Microns Chip Diagonal 22mm & Up Warranty 2 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Truesense, formerly Kodak # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model KAF-8300C CCD Class Standard Anti-Blooming Sensor? yes Quantum Efficiency Peak: 60% 400nm: 30% Full Well Capacity ~25,500 electrons Pixel Size in Micrometers 5.4 x 5.4 Pixel Array 3326 x 2504 Sensor Diagonal 22.5mm Minimum Exposure Time 0.02 seconds Maximum Exposure Time 10,980 seconds Binning Modes 1x1, 1 x CCD Height (User Set), 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 4 x CCD Height (User Set), 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 8 x CCD Height (User Set) Dark Current 0.02 e-/pixel/sec (-30°C) Filter Wheel No Interface USB 2.0 Camera Cooling Type Thermo-electric Cooling (TEC) Camera Body Dimensions 6" x 6" x 2.5" Camera Weight 3.1 lb.
- Included Items
- Apogee Alta F8300 Color CCD Camera
- Kodak KAF-8300CE Sensor
- TE Cooled Camera Head
- USB Cable
- International Power Supply
- ActiveX Driver
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads