Apogee Alta® F Series
Faster readout speeds, Alta reliability
The Apogee Alta® F Series represents the next step in the evolution of the Alta line of cameras with faster readout speeds. The Alta line continues to support a wide variety of front-illuminated, back-illuminated and interline transfer CCDs. All Alta systems are backed by a 2 year warranty on the camera and lifetime warranty on the CCD chamber integrity.
Apogee's Alta Camera Series focuses on quality and reliability so you can focus on innovation and discovery. Every Alta camera includes a lifetime warranty against condensation in the inner chamber, and a two year parts and labor warranty, including the CCD.
Apogee Alta F Series Highlights…
- 1 to 8 MHz 16-Bit digitization
- 32 MByte camera memory
- Field upgradeable firmware
- USB 2.0 interface
- Resolution from 512 x 512 to more than 39 megapixels
- Wide variety of CCD architectures
- Free / open source driver for MicroManager / Image J software
- No plug in cards or external controllers
- Runs from single 12V supply
- Subarray readout and fast sequencing modes
- 32/64 bit ActiveX drivers included with every system
- Programmable cooling to 65C below ambient
- General purpose programmable I/O port
- Adjustable fan speed for low/zero vibration
- Programmable status indicators
- AR coated fused silica windows
- RBI pre-flash
- Maintenance free chambers - No desiccant plugs required
- Liquid cooling option
- Precision locking filter wheels optional
About the Kodak KAF-16803 Sensor...
The Kodak KAF-16803 image sensor is a redesigned version of the popular KAF-16801E image sensor (4096 x 4096 pixel resolution) with enhancements that specifically target the needs of high performance digital radiography applications. Improvements include enhanced quantum efficiency for improved DQE at higher spatial frequencies, lower noise for improved contrast in areas of high density, and anti-blooming protection to prevent image bleed from over exposure in regions outside the patient.
Utilizing Kodak's proprietary single gate ITO process and micro-lens technology, the KAF-16803 image sensor with its large imaging area and small pixel size provides the sensitivity, resolution and contrast necessary for high quality digital radiographs. To simplify device integration, the KAF-16803 image sensor uses the same pin-out and package as the KAF-16801E image sensor.
Apogee Instruments Product Number: F16M
- Additional Information
SKU AI-F16M Manufacturer Apogee Color or B&W? Monochrome (B&W) Series Apogee Alta Warranty 2 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Truesense, formerly Kodak # of Sensors Single Sensor Sensor Model KAF-16803 Anti-Blooming Sensor? yes Micro-lensing Sensor? yes Filter Wheel No
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Wow now this is a astronomy camera!
Wow! What more can I say? This is one great camera, I have run it at -30 degrees C no problem all night in Texas. The field of view on a short fast refractor is over 4 degrees square. This camera is the same size as the 1st camera launced on the Hubble Space Telescope. Sensitivity is amazing I have been shooting Ha filters, the only down side, is you better have a big focuser 3 if you don't want vigenetting. A great fit for the Tak Q, TOA-150, TOA-130F, The Pentax 125 and 100, as well as the ASA astrographs and APM 3.5 focuser OTA's. You also need to get all new square filters and a larger filter wheel, which Apogee also makes, use with a PDF too for the ultimate main imaging camera of your set-up.
1= Houston, We Have a Problem & 5= It's Out of This World
- Included Items
- Apogee Alta F16M Front-Illuminated CCD Camera
- Kodak KAF-16803 Full Frame Sensor
- Power Supply
- ActiveX Driver
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads