Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2C Autoguider - Color
When it comes to the Autoguider market, the Lodestar has long been regarded as the cream of the crop. The creative minds at Starlight Xpress have had a tough time coming up with a way to improve on such a superb product. That changes with the introduction of the Lodestar X2, Starlight Xpress' latest guide camera with the greatest sensitivity yet.
Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2C Color Autoguider Features...
The Lodestar X2 is certainly no exception to the rule that big things come in small packages. This compact guide camera is stuffed full of amazing features:
- 1.25" diameter allows it to fits easily into your 1.25" eyepiece holder with no extra adapters necessary.
- Locate an appropriate guide star using the wide field of view provided due to the Lodestar X2C's ample imaging area (6.45mm x 4.75mm)
- With an extraordinary 77% QE, and large pixels, the Lodestar X2 just eats up those photons. Finding a guide star becomes an even simpler task when sensitivity is combined with incredibly low noise.
- Full size RJ12 Autoguider Port relegates the need for additional cables to run from your computer to control your mount corrections a thing of the past.
- Don't worry about forgetting to bring an extra power supply with you to your next star party. Your computer's USB port is all you need to power the Lodestar X2C.
- Constructed from solid, condensed aluminum.
Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2C Color Autoguider Specifications...
- CCD type: ICX829AL Sony Exview interline CCD with extremely low dark current and vertical anti-blooming
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 8.2uM x 8.4uM, Image format: 752 x 580 pixels
- CCD Image area: 6.4mm (Horizontal) x 4.75mm (Vertical)
- CCD quality: Grade 1
- Spectral Response: QE max at 620nM (~77%), 45% at 400nM and 770nM
- Readout Noise: Less than 10 electrons RMS - typically only 6 electrons
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 50,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 1000x
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 1 hour. Less than 0.1 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient
- Data format: 16 bits
- System gain: 0.4 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Integrated USB 2.0 compatible interface
- Image download time: Usually 0.2 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power requirements: Operates via USB port
- Cooling system: Ambient air cooling
- Size: 86mm x 32mm black anodized aluminium barrel with 1” x 32tpi ‘C mount’ thread at the CCD window end and input/ output plugs at the rear.
- Weight: approx. 85 g (3 oz.)
Starlight Xpress Product Number: LODESTAR-X2C
- Additional Information
SKU SX-LODESTAR-X2C Manufacturer Starlight Xpress Series Starlight Xpress Lodestar Color or B&W? Color Warranty 1 Year Warranty Sensor Manufacturer Sony Sensor Model ICX285AL Pixel Size in Micrometers 8.2 µm x 8.4 µm Pixel Array 752 x 580 Interface USB 2.0 Filter Wheel No Camera Weight 3 oz.
- Included Items
- Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2C Autoguider - Color
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsQuestion by: Carlos Alsina on Oct 11, 2016 11:43:00 PMYes, you can download Starlight Live software here http://www.sxccd.com/drivers-downloads and do EAA with a connected computer.Answer by: Chris Hendren (Admin) on Oct 28, 2016 4:30:00 PM
- Support / Downloads