Simulation Curriculum Starry Night College and Podium Kit
Starry Night's two products here both give you powerful, accurate, and customizable tools with which to inspire, engage, and ultimately educate your students. Starry Night College includes over 45 computer exercises, complete with dazzling interactive simulations, all fully mapped to top college astronomy textbooks. It's a stellar tool to make it easier to teach an engaging, satisfying course on astronomy- the visual aids making it easier for your students to grasp the concepts of astronomy! All of the Starry Night products are optimized to a high standard for use with SMART boards- fully capable of integration to the highest level with these wonderful pieces of technology, and granted the highest level of accreditation for SMART boards; SMART Board Application Elite.
Starry Night College Features and Version 7 Updates!
- All exercises underwent a comprehensive review and update.
- Exercises have been enhanced with Guiding Questions, Key Concepts, Did You Know's and dozens of new images to help illustrate phenomena.
- Expanded asteroid catalog with highlighted/highlightable families and groups.
- Updated Equipment List includes the latest telescopes, eyepieces, and accessories.
- Analemma can now be drawn on a planets surface.
- Exclusive Extragalactic 3D Database includes over 100,000 galaxies encompassing over 1 billion lights years of space.
- New Photorealistic Horizon Panoramas make you feel like you are there .
- All known exoplanets as 3D bodies with proper location, size, orbit and planetary texture
- Stunning new user interface with Universal Search, locates sky objects, favorite files, SkyGuide pages, options, events and more.
- New highly detailed surface textures of planets and major moons.
- All stars accurately rendered as 3-dimensional bodies with classification-appropriate color, texture and relative radii.
- Expanded set of “Space Missions” including 30 new detailed and accurate 3D models of spacecraft and their trajectories. Updates to new/ongoing missions.
- The most precise planetary positions available (using Jet Propulsion Laboratory, JPL-DE-422 ephemerides) .
- 3500 unique object text descriptions for stars, planets, moons, satellites, exoplanets, space missions, deep sky objects and more.
- Restyled SkyGuide with updated tours and media.
- Home Location set by IP Address automatically
- Advanced Planet Rendering for terrain shadows, specular reflections on water, and city night lights on dark side (Earth only).
- Updated Messier catalog with new visually stunning images for star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies.
What Topics are Covered by Starry Night College?
Lunar and solar eclipses
Precession and nutation
Asteroids and comets
Redshift and the expansion of the universe
And much more!
What's Included with the Starry Night College?
Award-winning and customized Starry Night Pro Planetarium Software
Access to unlimited and deeply discounted student download version
Astronomy Companion Guide (Built-in PDF)
45+ integrated computer exercises
Library of simulations
Create movies of your customized simulations and export images
Student Worksheets and Answer Keys
Exercises mapped to college astronomy textbooks
Links, references and suggestions for online access to additional content and resources
And the Podium?
The Starry Night Podium, the other half of the kit, is optimized for projection rather than for SMART Boards. It provides a splendidly intuitive interface on the computer screen of the operator, and projects an impressive and uncluttered view of the sky that is more than capable of bringing the beauty of the night sky and accuracy of the Starry Night software to larger screens and larger audiences! The Podium also includes a large array of pre-assembled interactive simulations, educational video clips and concept diagrams suitable for use in college level courses. And due to the customizable nature of the program, you can add your own simulations, videos and images to this library!
Data Library of Podium Includes:
- 260 pre-assembled educational simulations
- 100 mini-documentaries and video clips on astronomy
- 30 concept diagrams of astronomical phenomena
- Award-winning Starry Night Planetarium Software, optimized for projection
- Built-in Companion Guide and User's Guide (PDF)
- Integrated Media Player: Allows you to fade, zoom and position digital videos and slides anywhere on the screen during presentations