Nikon 12x42 Monarch 5 Binoculars
With enhanced dexterity and advanced low light radiance, the brand new Monarch 5 takes optical performance far beyond even the unparalleled all-conditions binocular. The new Monarch 5 has been trimmed down by nearly an ounce, making it more robust than ever, while the inclusion of Nikon ED glass lenses elevates these binoculars to another level when it comes to achieving sharp, high contrast views in the dark.
Lightweight Champion of Dawn & Dusk
Nikon's ED Glass Lenses Nikon Monarch 5 Binoculars are currently being made with Nikon's famous ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lenses. ED lenses fix chromatic aberrations over the furthest reaches of the visible spectrum and efficiently make up for color fringing. Even when viewing bodies that would highlight chromatic aberrations the strongest, such as with neighboring blacks and whites, images will still preserve excellent contrast and resolution. This enhanced resolution results in brighter images that appear more organic, making the Nikon Monarch 5 a prime contender to be your most frequently used binocular far into the future.
Extremely Portable As the new Monarch 5 binoculars are nearly a full ounce lighter than the previous version, they will be even easier to carry with you on your next observing adventure. Its diminutive size combined with its smooth easy grip design and sturdy rubber-armored body makes it the ultimate grab-n-go binocular.
Enjoy Comfortable Viewing Nikon used a high-eyepoint design when constructing their new Monarch 5 binoculars. This makes it possible for everyone to enjoy a clear field of view, even those who wear eyeglasses, with adequate distance between the user's eyebrow and the Monarch's eyecups.
Greater Light Transmission Multi-layer coatings are applied to each lens and prism surface that disseminates light, supplying even greater light transmittance over the full visible spectrum. This diminishes light loss caused by reflection, providing a more transparent, organic view.
Monarch 5 Features
- Fully Multi-Coated lenses and dielectric phase-corrected roof prisms provide the ultimate in resolution, color, brightness and contrast.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass.
- Precision aligned optics for ease in extended viewing with eye fatigue.
- Nitrogen purged interiors and rugged rubberized exterior mean a binocular that is not only water and fog-proof but durable too! The rubberized body is also easy on the hands and allows for a sure grip on your binoculars at all times.
- Central focusing knob has smooth action and is easy to access for quick focus adjustments.
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups for comfortable viewing with or without glasses.
- An incredible 25 year limited warranty. Even if you did the damage, Nikon will make repairs - when possible - for $10 plus shipping and handling.
Nikon 12x42 Monarch 5 Binoculars Specifications
- Focusing System: Central Focus - Single Knob
- Magnification: 12x
- Objective Diameter: 42mm
- Angular Field of View (Actual): 5º
- Angular Field of View (Apparent): 55.3º
- Field of View at 1000 yards: 261 ft.
- Close Focus Distance: 7.8 ft.
- Exit Pupil: 3.5mm
- Eye Relief: 15.1mm
- Size: 5.7" x 5.1".
- Weight: 21.6 ounces (1 pound 5.6 ounces).
Nikon Product Number: 7578
- Additional Information
SKU NI-7578 Manufacturer Nikon Activity Astronomy, Birding & Wildlife, Boating & Water Sports, Sporting Events Lens Aperture 42mm Magnification 12X Exit Pupil 3.5mm Eye Relief 15.1mm Close Focus 7.8 ft. Focusing System Center Focus Knob Waterproofing Waterproof Optical Coatings Fully Multi-Coated Prism Type Roof Prism Angular Field of View 5º Linear FOV at 1000 Yards 261 ft. Tripod Adaptable No Includes Case? Yes Weight 21.6 oz. Dimensions 5.7" x 5.1" Warranty 25 Year Limited Warranty
- Included Items
- Nikon 12x42 Monarch 5 ATB Binoculars
- Travel Case
- Adjustable Strap
- Lens Covers
- Questions & Answers
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Support / Downloads