Orion SkyQuest XT8 Classic Dobsonian Telescope
Orion XT Classic Dobsonians give you the deep-space thrills without the deep-pocket frills. Orion has kept them lean and mean to keep their prices low for tight budgets. But rest assured, they come fully equipped for adventure, whether you're a beginning stargazer or are graduating to a more capable instrument.
All Orion SkyQuest Classic telescopes feature an expertly figured parabolic mirror housed in an enameled steel optical tube. The tube rides on a stable Dobsonian base that allows easy point-and-view navigation and has a convenient carrying handle. A 2" Crayford focuser, EZ Finder II aiming device, and 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25"), are all standard equipment.
Setup takes only a minute with the Orion SkyQuest Dobsonian, leaving the rest of the evening to marvel at the planets, the Moon, and a myriad of deep-sky treasures. Enjoy the fantastic views - and savings!
Features of the Orion XT8 SkyQuest Dobsonian...
- A large aperture Classic Dobsonian reflector telescope at a very affordable price!
- 8" diameter reflector optics lets you view the Moon and planets in close up detail, and has enough light grasp to pull in pleasing views of faint nebulas, galaxies and star clusters
- A perfect Dobsonian telescope that can last a lifetime for the beginning astronomy enthusiast or whole family
- The ultra-stable Dobsonian base keeps the reflector optical tube perfectly balanced for point-and-view ease of use
- Includes a 2" Crayford focuser that accepts 1.25" and 2" telescope eyepieces, a 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece, an EZ Finder II reflex sight, collimation cap, Starry Night software, and more!
Drop-Ship Policy Note: To expedite your order, this item will be drop-shipped directly from Orion's warehouse to you. Most of the time, shipment will occur within a day or two of your order being placed. OPT will contact you right away if there are any delays in shipment and will provide an estimated lead-time. If the product is not readily available, you will have the option to keep the order open with a 10% deposit.
If you are a local customer and plan to pick up your order at OPT, please put a note to that effect in the "comments" section of your shopping cart. We will let you know as soon as everything has arrived at our store and is ready for pick-up.
If you have ordered additional Orion items, we will either drop-ship them from the manufacturer as well, or ship them directly from our own stock. Non-Orion items will be shipped directly from the OPT warehouse. Regardless, we will not charge you additional shipping charges if we split your order, so no worries there.
Please feel free to call us at 1-800-483-6287or e-mail us if you have any questions or concerns. We're here to serve you!
|Telescope Series||Orion SkyQuest|
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Mount Type||Dobsonian Cradle|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
|Telescope Focal Length||1200mm|
|Telescope Focal Ratio||f/5.9|
|Highest Useful Magnification||300x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.2|
|Tube Color or Finish||Orion Grey Pearl|
|OTA Mount Type||Dobsonian Cradle|
|Optical Tube Outer Diameter||Not provided by manufacturer|
|Length of Optical Tube||46.5"|
|Optical Tube Weight||20.3 lbs.|
|Mount Weight||20.7 lbs.|
|Total Telescope Weight||41 lbs.|
|Objects in Database||N/A|
|Tripod Type Included||None, Not Required|
|CD ROMs Included||Starry Night SE|
|Hand Controller Included?||No|
|Diagonal Included?||No - Not Required|
|Dew Shield Included?||No, Not Necessary|
|Power Adapter Included||None - Does Not Require Power|
|Finder Included||Red Dot Finder|
- 8" Aperture Optical Tube Assembly
- 25mm Sirius Plossl eyepiece (1.25")
- EZ Finder II reflex sight
- Collimation cap
- Dust cap
- 2" Crayford-style focuser
- 2"-to-1.25" eyepiece adapter
- Spring coils
- Pull loops
- Nylon spacers
- 1/4" washers
- Phillips-head screws
- Screws with round knob attached
- Left panel
- Right panel
- Front brace
- Top base plate
- Ground base plate
- Base assembly screws
- Hex key
- Plastic feet
- Feet attachment wood screws
- Self-adhesive rubber bumper
- Large hex-head bolt
- 3/8" washers
- 3/8" lock nut
- Nylon spacer
- Socket-head cap screws
- 5/16" washers
- 5/16" nuts
- Hex key
- Starry Night special edition software
1) No DSLR will reach focus at infinity without additional optics - either a barlow lens/tele-extender or by using eyepiece projection. This increases the magnification but also increases the effective focal ratio.
2) The camera and extra optics needed to bring it to focus are heavy and all hang off the front of the scope, so it may be necessary to add counterweights with velcro or straps at the bottom to keep the scope from slipping downward due to gravity.
3) Unless you add a motor or EQ tracking platform to the telescope, you will only be able to take snapshots of very bright targets like the moon.
If these limitations are acceptable, please contact us by phone and we can get you the proper adapters.