DayStar ION H-Alpha Solar Filter Features
Astrophotographers will love the new ION. Dual MagLev (Magnetic Levitation) fans for increased cooling capacity have no visually detectable vibration - and that means crisp, clean images with far less trouble. It also accepts standard Quantum plates, providing mounting to T-thread, SCT thread, or 2" drawtube, for use with eyepieces or cameras.
The DayStar ION was created to replace the T-Scanner and according to DayStar employees, “ It is so much easier to use than the T-Scanner and is the most user friendly filter we have made to date!”
DayStar ION H-Alpha Solar Filter Features...
- Hydrogen Alpha Solar Filter for rear mounting on existing telescopes.
- Available in 0.8Å, 0.7Å, 0.6Å, 0.5Å, 0.4Å, 0.3Å
- Telescope compatibility: Refractor, SCT, Maksutov (if sufficient focus travel).
- Single-turn knob with ‘center position detent’ for wing shift adjustment of +/- 0.5 Å in 0.1 Å steps.
- Status LED indicates when filter is on band or settling to temperature.
- Always on band, ovenized filter housing with dual thermoelectric coolers, capable of heating or cooling to maintain etalon temperature regardless of ambient temperature.
- Dual MagLev (Magnetic Levitation) fans for increased cooling capacity have no visually detectable vibration.
- Accepts standard Quantum plates, providing mounting to T-thread, SCT thread, or 2" drawtube, for use with eyepieces or cameras.
- Compatible with standard DayStar ERFs or UV/IR cut filters (usage is mandatory).
|Blocking Filter Included||Sold Separately|
|Best for Focal Lengths of...||f/30 or Under|
|Blocking Filter Barrel Size||2"|
|Warranty||10 Year Warranty|
- DayStar ION 0.6Å H-Alpha Solar Filter